Freezing!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Markm said:
-6 in Indiana right now!!!!! :roll:
WHAT?! I've gotta ride to work tomorrow :shock: It's cool, I havn't stopped riding to work except on thursday when I go to the bank and grocery store. It only takes 4 min to ride to work and believe it or not, I've found that I'd rather ride than drive cuz pedalin' pumps the blood and I'm warm when I get to work. On days that it snows, I'm almost sweating! Drive the truck and I'm still cold.

-40+ for the last week with windchill. It gets cold here. A few years ago we had a -55 with windchill abd there were bikes on the road. Local paper showed a guy with 6" long frost beard. He didn't have a beard under his belaclava.

well, it isn't -40 degrees here, but 0 is still cold any day of the week. Angie the Weather Girl says "it feels like -12". You're a silly girl Angie...it feels freakin' cold, that's what it feels like.

jeff

moparmayhem93 said:
skoda
your nuts
you'd rather have sub zero than almost 100 degrees?
your scarin me man scarin me

Absolutely, I can't stand it, it gets over about 85 and I am miserable. It's my Icelander blood I guess.

This is the best part of the year here in AZ, should be about 68 here today.This barely makes up for the 4-5 months of triple digit temps. It is not unusual to hit 115 in July-Aug. Too hot to ride, too hot to walk,seats in car to hot to sit on and steering wheel so hot you cant grasp it until A/C kicks in. The snowbirds have the right idea, I would love to be in Wis. in the summer and here in the winter.So this is why the folks here like to rub it in about the winter temps., cause we are so dang miserable in the summer.Highest temp I've seen was 122, they had to shut the airport down !!!!! :shock: 8)

tikiharl said:
This is the best part of the year here in AZ, should be about 68 here today.This barely makes up for the 4-5 months of triple digit temps. It is not unusual to hit 115 in July-Aug. Too hot to ride, too hot to walk,seats in car to hot to sit on and steering wheel so hot you cant grasp it until A/C kicks in. The snowbirds have the right idea, I would love to be in Wis. in the summer and here in the winter.So this is why the folks here like to rub it in about the winter temps., cause we are so dang miserable in the summer.Highest temp I've seen was 122, they had to shut the airport down !!!!! :shock: 8)

But it's a dry heat :lol:

OH YE GODS :shock: It's -33°C (-27°F) here right now. The windchill factor drops it down to -47°C (-52°F) The weather people are calling for -38°C overnight.

No pedaling for me in the next few days. When the temperature drops this low it passes the threshold from “uncomfortable” over to “dangerous”. Frostbite and hypothermia are very real at those temperatures.

On the plus side, after a week of this, ANYTHING seems warm by comparison :roll:

-Mp

Latest posts

Back