First Day of College Classes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0wnedshot.jpg

I ONLY NEEDED 2

Owned? I would have taken 4 years of math anyway; no need to brag, I like it. :p I guess you don't value it as much, that's fine. But when high school is all said and done, my transcript along with Stretch's will look cooler with 4 years of math. :lol:

Class of 2011 FTW!! :mrgreen:

Math was one of my favorite things in school. Still comes in handy as a mechanic. Especially tallying up the bill.....lol. Seriously though I love it, it's good money and I don't have to wear a suit and tie. :mrgreen:

yeah i totally understand that. the teacher can really make or break the class. i had an art teach who was nuts! i hated her. i love art, but i hated her. i dont even wanna explain why. :roll: :x

I love music but I had a teacher that really killed it for me. I spent more time in the principal's office than he did during that class.

To the Dingo,

If you get stuck on a problem, use a number line. For reals. As I recall, pre-algebra is all about negative quantities and ratios. You can picture a quantity as a chunk of a number line, then put it left of zero (negative), or chop it into little pieces (ratios). Similar things can be done for exponents, absolute values, multiplication/division by negative numbers, etc.

I'm currently working with fairly advanced statistics, and I think of everything in terms of squares. I guess the downside is that nobody else does, and it takes longer than it should to explain how I did what I did.

jonvo4591 said:
I only took 2 years of math in high school, geometry and adv. algebra. My junior and senior year of HS I completely forgot how to do math.

Last year, my first year of college, I had a technical math class that involved a lot of algebra. I was struggling pretty hard at the beginning, but then things started flooding back to me and then I really got the hang of it.

I guess what I'm saying is if you learned math before, but havent been involved in it, maybe it will all come rushing back to you once you get rolling.
Hope all goes well. my classes start a week from today.

DITTO! Long story but, he is right. :!:

Yeah, half day**. It's a two hour long class. If science bored me, I would be doomed. :wink: The workload is immense but the subject matter is interesting. :wink:

we had a whole day. :cry: love my schedule tho, half is extra-curriculars. :D

Back