FELT'S ABRAHAM LINKAGE SPRINGER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Beau, on another thread:

Re: converting vintage frame to modern mountainbike

Postby Beau on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:28 pm
On older frames, with the larger 1" headtube, you can use the factory cup with a mix of 1 1/8" headset parts and loose ball with 1/8" balls. You will need to have a few headsets for parts though and a bit of trial and error. You can squeeze 1 1/8" cup in to the frame, but it will ruin the head tube.

I haven't tried this yet, but rest assured that i will. Seems like the smartest, least destructive way to run a 1.125" fork in a 1" old-school frame. Probably won't work with the 30mm ID 1" headtubes.

HTH,
-rob

The Worksman INB would need modified headparts and a different stem to run the abraham linkage fork.

Most of the cheap springers with 1"steer tubes will work, but you'll want to measure the steer tube. You'll want one about 6.75" for an INB. You'll also want to make sure that the fork dropouts are the now-standard 100mm wide, rather than the older 91mm OLD dimension.

If you're big n heavy, you might be better off with a rigid fork set-up. Doesn't look as cool to most folks, but it is more durable and efficient. Cheaper, too.

HTH
-rob

Does anyone who has one of these experience a loose like sound yet the fork in not loose.

Are you talking about a noise from the rockers? I have this fork on a Basman and no looseness or rattles or other noises. I used the Sunlite version on my Porucho and added nylon washers to take out the rattle.

I had that experience as well. Looked at everything and couldn't figure out where it was coming from....everything seemed tight.

Latest posts

Back