FELT'S ABRAHAM LINKAGE SPRINGER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Saw these on their site today...only $89.99. Looks like it may be a threadless design so not sure what the steer tube is like.

http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2011/Pa ... 0FORK.aspx

FELT%20ABRAHAM%20LINKAGE%20CRUISER%20FORK_SMALL.jpg

I saw that fork today too, it's looks sweet.
And yes, it's the same springer on the 'Slater.'
That top clamp is pretty long, which might make it a hard fit for some bikes.
Not a bad price though.

I was gathering forks to build a fork like that with only one spring.
Guess i have another option now.
its very cool the tubing looks te be a bigger diameter then the monark.
seems to me that that topclamp could be cut and welded to fit most bikes quite easy.

That's actually cooler looking than the original, since the radius of both pieces match! The springer arm looks a lot beefier too! WANT! -Adam

"seems to me that that topclamp could be cut and welded to fit most bikes quite easy."

Says the guy who can actually weld.
Not all of us have that coveted skill.

I was hoping they'd start selling those, might be time to resurrect the Nirve Inferno in pieces right now but I really liked the look with that style of fork, the Crossbow Monark was such a POS it was unrideable, sold it.

IMG_0230.jpg

MIGZ said:
I also saw it and was wondering what the steer tube length was.

I think the 1 1/8" diameter is going to be the problem for most if being used on an older frame. The length appears to be over 8" easy.

What the heck, just ordered one. I'll do a review when I get it and another after installed.

cant wait for the review!! might get one of these for my Electra??
EDIt:
nevermind, it has no disk brake mounts.......... :x

GameBent said:
"seems to me that that topclamp could be cut and welded to fit most bikes quite easy."

Says the guy who can actually weld.
Not all of us have that coveted skill.

True, but if i lived some where near you, I'd be happy to weld it for you.
seems to me it has a bolt on the top of the clamp(to clamp it! :D )
consider to put a short rearfacing stem first and after that the clamp.
another;it might not be the the most atractive solution but maybe you could use a spacer,
that way you keep the clamp intact, and the fork can always be swaped to another bike.

I see a lot of guys here, building awesome bikes without welding, being able to "weld" isn't everything,
you gotta to have skills to make a frame geometry that actually works.
I tried twice started enthausiast, but in the end they didn't do it for me.
guess i have to learn, i wont start on another frame build before i have the space and possibility.
but thats another talk.

That fork, with it's larger tubes would look great with the tubing size of the PUB, if the 1 1/8" size, isn't an issue.

As far as the top clamp, the rockers appear to be rather simple in design. I would think that longer replacements could be fabricated, increasing the effective rake and providing more room for the forks to move and accomodate longer headtubes.

In any case, I just added one of them to the 'wish list'! :mrgreen:

I don't know if they warrenty their frames. The bike is 4 yrs old and the bike is out of production. Guess I'll have to live with it. I do love this bike. I changed out the yellow rims with some flat black Electra rims and put on some tan quick bricks. People think its a vintage bike.

I got a replacement fork from them last year so who knows...they may still have a frame around.

You're going to have to post some photos now of this PUB of yours. :wink:

Latest posts

Back