BUILD OFF #6 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the drive behind this build off. It seems its less about winning and more about having a good time, I'm getting all sorts of ideas just from looking at these builds. Makes me look forward to when I can enter one, seems like a good drive to finish a bike in a timely manner. Great job to all of yall building there are some impressive bikes and some cool builds.

Quite frankly ladies and gentlemen in my eyes every bike that gets finished in time, and some that don't are winners. Sure I have a few (dozen) favorites, but it was honor to compete with so many people whom are so much more talented than myself. It's funny how things change on the fly as you build a bike against a deadline, hoping to at least impress a couple of people, and having a boatload of fun in the process. I'll be watching every bike that shows up on the finished bikes thread but may have to use some form of random selection to narrow my choices down to 3.
Of course I developed ideas (visions? hallucinations? delusions?) for several other builds while doing this....
Oh well back to my honey do list and blog til after the show next weekend.
Peace Y'all
Floyd

This contest must only be about the determination to finish within the deadline because we sure aren't competing for anything else. A trophy that hasn't been updated in forever (hint hint) and no other prizes that I've heard of. haha

My biggest prize will be a little rest from late night build sessions.

july-2011-large.gif

it is crunch time where you sit looking at your bike thinking of what you want to add but what if it does not work out or looks wrong. now is the time when you have to get it finished and hope it is enough. i have a few more grey hairs i know that much.

karfer67 said:
it is crunch time where you sit looking at your bike thinking of what you want to add but what if it does not work out or looks wrong. now is the time when you have to get it finished and hope it is enough. i have a few more grey hairs i know that much.
I KEEP WALKING AROUND IT SAYING- I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S FINISHED. HEY !! I ALMOST FORGOT TO ADD...

So we earn extra days based on the other bikes besides our build-off entry that we built during the contest, correct?

According to my watch,there's plenty of time left.
beer30.jpg

LUCK ? PLEASE :(
My first buildoff and the competition is awesome
Also I was the thirteenth to finish how lucky is that ?
And so many more builds to come all I can do is sit, watch and plan for
NEXT YEAR !!!
JUST INCASE ANYONES FORGOTTEN 6 DAYS TO GO !!! TICK - TOCK - TICK - TOCK :)
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=42983

got the email today saying only a week left,man oh man im excited. i kind of regret finishing mine early, not that there was much more i wanted to do to it, but that it didnt spend alot of time here. but its all well. good luck everyone!

My first build off and the past week of high humidity delayed my paint from happening. Might be a week late. Any advice? Maybe I should just post pics of the build. I don't want scratches just to meet the deadline :?: .

cottagethyme said:
My first build off and the past week of high humidity delayed my paint from happening. Might be a week late. Any advice? Maybe I should just post pics of the build. I don't want scratches just to meet the deadline :?: .

If you are just building a bike for the build-off then do what it takes to get it done, if you are a building a bike for yourself then forget the build off and take your time.

yoothgeye said:
cottagethyme said:

If you are just building a bike for the build-off then do what it takes to get it done, if you are a building a bike for yourself then forget the build off and take your time.

My next years build will be finnished when it has a nice covering of mud... already have visions... Paint costs money and ya gotta keep it purdy... mud is free... and fun...

QUESTION ? : I Don't think I'm going to finish in time, BUT I'm sure going to try.... We have until Aug. 1st....Now I live in Arizona, do I have until Midnight July 31st my time ( same as Pacific time since Az doesn't recognize Daylight Savings Time ), or do I have to be finished by Midnight East Coast time....I ask because it'll be that close...?

Latest posts

Back