bicycle engine kit update july7th maiden voyage vid

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lowered the seat. :)
IMG_0720-1.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

ya know for a cheap motorbicycle kit, it really is alot of fun to ride.

i'm curious to hear what it sounds like without the baffle.

Re: anybody have the bicycle engine kit for dummies hand book?

icyuod2 said:
well i finally had some time to play with the indian.
i ran into chain issues with tire/frame clearance, i still haven't finished the ss tank, but i did take it for my first ride.
the seat def needs to be lower and further back, which isn't a biggy.

it wont idle but thats o.k. i still don't have a kill switch. :)
didn't want to beat on her too much till i make sure i've got all the bugs out, but here it is, the maiden voyage.

Alright Dude!! :mrgreen: My motorbike builder commrade at work has been asking if you'd got 'er goin'!! Tooo coool! He just ordered another motor kit (his 5th...) from a supplier B.C...I'll get the name and let you know...Maybe it's the same firm you got yours from?

yeah, finally! lol

i'd be interested to find out what/where he's getting his from.make sure ya send him the vid and thank him for the tech support.

you guys sure made the build alittle easier. :)

Sounds good! If you run it with no baffle, you may want to raise your jet needle(assuming it's possible), too lean may damage the piston crown. :| Conversely, too rich may cause overheating and an erratic idle.Is there a slide positioning screw? If so, that would be your idle speed control. Have fun and good luck! 8)

icyuod2 said:
i'd be interested to find out what/where he's getting his from.make sure ya send him the vid and thank him for the tech support. you guys sure made the build alittle easier. :)
Will do!

mrbill said:
Hello Icyuod2,

Man that looks like a real fun ride.
Not allowed to build em in my neighborhood,
local Police end the fun pretty quickly.
Glad you can have fun with yours.

Cheers.

its the same in my neighbourhood mr bill. they need to be insured, plated, and ya need a licence and dot approved helmet to ride em on the road.
if not your looking at thousands of dollars worth of fines.
IMG_0824-1.jpg

that being said the first fence in this picture (behind the silver car) is where the road ends and private property begins.
theres 3 huge parking lots connected together behind that building and the building itself is abandoned. theres only 3 houses on my dead end, and the owner has asked us all to watch for vandals trashing the place.

so riding back there the only real thing they could get me with is trespassing and i'm sure the owner wouldn't charge me. :)
as for my neighbours, theres not an adult/child on the street that hasn't riden the bike. :)

well finally got around to finishing the custom tank. i originally thought about painting it, but i think i'm gonna leave it stainless. besides i found a couple cool stickers for it.

IMG_0874.jpg

gave it a number plate that doubles as a sprocket/chain guard. lucky number 13 of course
IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

rob, you can pick it up anytime your ready. just bring me your first born and we'll call it even. :)

i'm trying to come up with a good name/play on words for the indian.
my budy craig is doing the "hardley davison" harley inspired build, but i need a fitting name for this one.

my first thought was the indgine (1/2 indian 1/2 engine) pronouced ind-gine but i thought some might deem it alittle racist.
been thinkin about idiot, or indiot.
but i'm yet to come up with anything better.
gonna paint it in the indian font. i want peeps to assume it says indian, but upon closer inspection realize it doesn't.
any idea's?

Done, I'll be there by noon :lol: As for a name for the build, how about Six Nation Terror, Indadirt (since its so low).
icyuod2 said:
rob, you can pick it up anytime your ready. just bring me your first born and we'll call it even. :)

i'm trying to come up with a good name/play on words for the indian.
my budy craig is doing the "hardley davison" harley inspired build, but i need a fitting name for this one.

my first thought was the indgine (1/2 indian 1/2 engine) pronouced ind-gine but i thought some might deem it alittle racist.
been thinkin about idiot, or indiot.
but i'm yet to come up with anything better.
gonna paint it in the indian font. i want peeps to assume it says indian, but upon closer inspection realize it doesn't.
any idea's?

looks alittle more bad ... with the fake crankcase inplace (tsc store, pulley)
IMG_0877.jpg

i could do the indian scoot!

awesomesause, is going on there somewhere. thats too funny i'll see about making an awesomesause sticker for the tank.
in- da- dirt, thats slick too. it could work.

btw rob, now the deal's done, i'll let ya in on my plan.
i'm just gonna sell your kid on the black market for 10 grand, and make 100 of em.
sucka! :) :) :)

well ya can't have it for $100, but thats about what i got into it. actually i forgot that stainless pipe cost dam near $50, so i got about $150 into it. cheapest motor/ed bike i've purchased. :)

so i think we have a winner for the name.
gonna have the hardley davison and the indiain't

Back