Anyone up for a tall bike challenge?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick, great videos! That triple decker with four frames has alot of resemblance to mine. The shape anyway. Its funny to see people that are alot like me with the crazy bikes and all. You dont happen to make skulls and skeletons as a hobby, do you? Your probably one of those guys that modifies and customizes all your stuff even if its brand new. That swing bike is awesome too. And funny thing is I was getting parts together for a bmx swinger that Im putting together after this build. I was gonna use it for the next RRB build off in May but I dont think they allow frame mods. Keep building the crazy stuff your good at it. T3

Only worked 6 hours today and got lucky that the kids were doing their own things this afternoon, so I snuck out to my shop. Got right to work on the headtube and got a little done before I was discovered by the youngins. :? So I had my daughter model my progress for me.
deedle4.jpg

Alright, I'm feeling motivated!! I just checked and the official start of summer 2011 is June 21st. Since I already have 4 tall bikes, 1 in good shape, 1 in need of repairs, and 2 that have never been finished. I've decide to build one for my 4 year old. Are training wheels OK?

Graylock said:
I see................. :mrgreen: ................ where your going with this.
Looking good TTT, can't wait for the paint :)
Go send that girl back to her closet to find her other shoes!
GL
Ahhh Thanks, long time no chime in Mr Lock. How are you? Paints gonna be fun on this one. I cant decide what I want to do on it though. I really like metal flake.

OK, I got started & that's not always so easy . I'm using two identical Bratz bikes.
010.JPG

One frame is in pretty good shape. The second one is as rusty as they come...
012.JPG

013.JPG

Considering I got a really late start, I'm pretty happy with what i got done today.
016.JPG

I should have lots of time to work on bikes this week so I'll keep you all posted.
Rick

TommyTwoTime said:
[quote="
Go send that girl back to her closet to find her other shoes!
GL
She said "Sorry thats how I roll"[/quote]
Both my girls were like that..........Punky Brewster............ 8) now one is a Nurses Aid and the other is in Nurse school. $$::::----....___!
Ive been lurky nearby to make sure you guys are on the up and up here. Don't want you falling off the wagon :roll:
Carvingbike that's a wild tall bike there........I know where the seat should go....I think! Extra points for scaring me!

Iv'e been busy organizing Critical Mass rides but it's not working out for me, I'm glad I kept my day job.
004-18.jpg

Graylock

I still have a lot left to get done, but it's starting to take shape... 16" up front and 20" in the back.

013.JPG

015.JPG

What do ya'll think so far?

ozzmonaut said:
I figured I'd post a pic of my swingbike until I can get more done on my tallbike

Cool, my question about a swingbike like that is, how far can you swing before the frame pushes your leg off the pedal of the swing side? What is the remedy?

yoothgeye said:
ozzmonaut said:
I figured I'd post a pic of my swingbike until I can get more done on my tallbike

Cool, my question about a swingbike like that is, how far can you swing before the frame pushes your leg off the pedal of the swing side? What is the remedy?
I would guess you prob have to swing your leg over the bar and keep going. My question is can you ride it sideways or will it just fall over. I bet you have to keep the front end out front at least a little. Am I right?

Back