any other VW owners on here?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alan67 said:
And may I apologise on behalf of the british people for hyjacking your thread.

Sorry!

al. :D

I personally don't think you need to offer any apologies...You posted a pic of a purrrrty Vdub ( love the skirts) , contrasted with a pic of a Morris. Not so purrrty IMHO :D
Not only that but you made the pro VW argument quite eloquently...Thanks :wink:
Although I have no idea what the "Womens Institute" is, the Morris definately looks a little frumpy. But to each their own..... right Marcus.

not mine, but that brilliant hot rod heb
normal_bo-heb1.jpg

this is a brilliant minor. modified with 2 litre zetec engine from a focus. goes like poo of a shovel, and it handles.

IMG_0833.jpg

glad to here your into the classics, but a standard type three would not be as "cool" as your modified one.

at least you're not an obnoxious audi driver......wait....... :lol:

another can of worms opened

Now I am not just doing this for effect, but that minor is hideous! :shock:

It seems to have lots of fibreglass and plastic nailed to it !! And as for minilites. :(

I think this chap should have Supercharged his A-Series motor before loosing the whole integrity of the Morris Minor :wink: Maybe this is why I don't do Moggies! They just never really lost the 70's custom car owners. Do you have a pic of a more sympathetic build ie with some period parts?

Try and convert me, not that you give a **** either way. :wink:

al.

Nice pics Marcus. 8)

The white one is 'resto moded'? I read this feature in retro car mag last month.

Funny then that not a single piece of kit that had been replaced was available in 1958 or even any period through the cars production ! The interior is particulaly poor, with the highlight being leather highback seats from a Vauxhall calibra. :shock: My idea of a resto-mod would be to use as many 'old-speed' and period correct accessories as possible. I feel this is a very long way away from what I would consider a 'resto-mod'. Taking everything off a car and adding bits from Ford, GM, Fiat, Peugeot, Renault, Reliant, and Westfield!

What ever soul this old british car once had, has gone forever.

Still,could have been worse, he could have sanitised an old Volkwagen. :wink:

And don't get me started on roof chops on minors !! this butchery has been carried out for 35+ years on Minors and no one has managed to make the roof line 'flow'. Maybe some owners should ship them out to the States to get a custom shop guy with the eye to do the job properly.

again I apologise for ranting off topic in this thread. :oops:

al.

Back