any other VW owners on here?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep,
I drive my 65 beetle daily. :D

You on Samba?

not mine, but i do tend to ride in it a lot (belongs to a good friend)
NewTires2.jpg

NewTires1.jpg

wow that squareback looks a lot like my old 72 pig nose square. mine was a bit lower (no front travel it was on the stops) same wheels, 1776 with dual webers. i miss that car it was a blast to drive

I have a '64 walk thru bus I'm working on now(it's a giant project) just got the front end out of it and cleaning it up to get narrowed about 4in. its gonna be a blast.

Chris

66olds98 said:
My wife use to have a 67 superbeetle, it was a POS!

Sure it was a superbeetle?

67 was way too early, 71 was the first year for the super

Anything newer than 67, I tend to agree

Heres my Dad's Bus.
Looks like a regular ol' chopped bus on the outside.
It what's on the inside where it gets a little silly!
Copy and paste this link
and it should take you to more pix......www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/hdrp_0603_1962_vw_bus/photo_02.html

dadsbus-2.jpg

100_0639.jpg

100_0642.jpg

I drive a 2010 Jetta. Does that still count? :lol:

I'd Love to pick up an old beetle at some point. They're just sooo .... versatile.

that bus with the chevy motor was featured in an english hot rod magazine called custom car. it is the only VW i have ever wanted to own apart from a metalflake lime green 2 litre razor edge ghia. its drag car over here. other than that all the air cooled ones are rubbish in my opinion. they are very expensive in the uk and there is a certain snobbyness from owners. MORRIS MINORS ARE FAR SUPERIOR :lol:

Back