Anuthern ...painted

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Anuthern ...painted...terrible riding video

Uncle Stretch said:
Yeah would probably have to spring for a set of those expensive billet wheels from cyclesUS.
I doubt if too many of the Harley guys around here are going to look at it.

Unc I know a few around here that would be more than willing to take any of them off your hands to help alleviate space issues :D .

Redrkt just ordered black tires. Have to see what it will look like.
I rode it around tonight and the teenagers down the street all liked it.
It looks pretty good and I'm satisfied with it. Just don't run over that hump
of dirt by my mailbox. It will dig a trench. :roll:

I bought a big tire...Its really too big for my frame. As I try more and more to make it fit...I scratch
the paint and I think I need to just forget the big tire ...go back to the fat frank size one and leave it
alone/ I tell my wife. She asks me if I'm doing something important. I said no . She said change the frame
you built it so what is the problem. I start thinking she is right. I want the big tire on there...I didn't need
another bike and I have nothing to do anyway. So all the parts will come off and I will change the dropouts
to where they will work with the monster tire.
DSCF0003-44.jpg

Built an off set sprocket and solved the chain against the tire problem. Still may build some longer
dropouts. Stuck a 26x125 on the front. It really looks small. Will get the tire for it monday. Its a black
fat frank. Smaller than the back.
DSCF0003-46.jpg

Hey thanks Cashman, I appreciate it. Its looking pretty good so far.

Thanks Migz for some reason it reminds me of a python after it just ate a pig. :lol:
Its overkill but hey we are into silly stuff around here.

Thanks Big Daddy. They have my front tire somewhere in Houston. Due to the holiday it won't be
here till tuesday. Its not near as big as the back ,but lots bigger than the dinky one on there
now. It should look pretty good. The real big in the back and the fairly big on the front.
It rides smooth and I like the black tires better than the tan.
DSCF0014-2.jpg

Thanks guys glad you like it. I'm about to go crazy waiting on the front tire to get here....I hate UPS.
I found a triple tree fork that fits a Honda 125. Its 4 1/2'' wide. The tubes on my other fork are a few
thousandths bigger than the honda trees. I can ream them out and probably end up with a fork that
would fit another Black Floyd. Not sure if I want to go that route. Will have to see what the tire that
is coming looks like on it. Two massive tires might look goofy.

Here are the other trees. The top is aluminum and it would take a little work cutting, sanding and
polishing them to make a nice set of trees, but its doable and with a little work I can run a big tire
on the front too. Might try it.
DSCF0004-38.jpg

I hate it when the shipping guys mess up. It's happened to me a few times lately.

Watching their tracking site all day...says it's out for delivery and then it gets updated as delayed or something and doesn't show up until after the weekend.

Yeah I called friday and told them the one thing said to be delivered and the other part said
it was still In Florida. They assured me it would be delivered friday. Then at dark they changed it to
be delivered on tuesday....then the tracking thing changed to say it was in transit from Florida to
Houston. The big one got here in three days from MN. with no problems , but it was Fedex. I like Fedex. :lol:

Nice one, the Honda fork. Looks beefy, especially with a fat tyre. And..... you can get rid of the stem (a stem is not my favourite bikepart,sorry) and mount the bars,the proper way. Can't wait to see the result. 8)

I will know tomorrow if the front tire will be the black fat frank or change everything and go
with the Honda trees. The bad thing is if you use the motorcycle type part that is on the trees
then you have to have the bars that have two of the knurled parts instead of one for a stem.

Mark/Kram did a quick photoshop to see what it would look like with both tires big.
DSCF0005-2-1.jpg

DSCF0005-23.jpg

Well, I don't know if there's a problem when you mount the bars on the trees,not having the knurled parts. If it's a 22,2 mm bar (like a regular motorcyclebar),it should be solid enough. At least it's only a bicycle, not a motorcycle (weight-wise). Why not give it a try and see what it's like.
Very cool mock-up,btw. I mean, the bike being photoshopped with the other fat tyre. I say: go for it.

Latest posts

Back