Anuthern ...painted

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Anuthern

Its funny I don't see color choices very well. On most of my builds, I paint a color and then
paint something else pretty quick. When it gets to what I like, I quit. Kinda a running joke about
how thick my paint is on a frame I build.
I put this bike together to make sure I liked the ride. Its good, so now its pull it back apart and finish it.

Got the fork tubes cut to their length and moved the seat some. I still have to build a kick stand
and then its ready to be pulled apart and paint. It rides really nice even with all the rake.

DSCF0001-108.jpg

Thanks I appreciate it.
I told a friend of mine as I'm standing in my shop totally covered in black stuff, with a 1/2 '' of flap disk
grit on everything......I wonder.... I'm doing this for what?
I can tell when something I build looks unique because the Senior Neighbors even look at it. :lol: :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
Thanks I appreciate it.
I told a friend of mine as I'm standing in my shop totally covered in black stuff, with a 1/2 '' of flap disk
grit on everything......I wonder.... I'm doing this for what?
I can tell when something I build looks unique because the Senior Neighbors even look at it. :lol: :lol:
hey they see some nice stuff id look too.. you build and sell these???

In a moment of weakness I sold a couple. Really I'm part of the entertainment portion of
RRB. I have built bikes mainly to show everybody how easy it is to build your own. I really
have about 2 1/2 days invested in this one. The cost is minimal. I think around $30 or so in
tubing. I normally would have had this one finished already , but I have been dragging along.
I spent the morning building a kick stand and then filling up the ends of the tubing at the
drop outs. Then I smeared a little bondo on all the welds. Most of it will be sanded off and then
one more coat to finish .
DSCF0002-101.jpg

Sweet work Unk!
I just caught the name. My kinda language!

Thanks Kingfish. Glad you like this one. I was just gonna build one more and the name was simple.
This really is hard on me. Getting too old I guess. That stupid roller bender is really heavy and it
hurts my back every time I pick it up. Then I used thick tubing and it didn't want to bend it very
easy. Since I applied for my SS last week , it may be time to hang it up. This will probably be my last. :cry:

Hope this won't be the Lastun.

WOW 30 bucks in tubing and this bad mama jamma appears :shock: ... nice work i want to take a crack at it.. i have to get some equipment though but man im awe'd and inspired.. Thanks for the motivation

All along I have showed how to build these. Your only limited by your dreams. Its just 4 pieces
of tubing. Buy some... weld it together and surprise yourself on what you can come up with. I use
1 1/2 '' tubing for the neck and the front tubes. If you lay them flat on anything and tack one side
flip it over and tack the other....it will be straight. So simple even I can do it...no jig needed.

Skip sometime its time to stop. We have had a bunch of fun posting and building crazy stuff.
It is kinda taking a toll on me to build them now. I could just slow down some, but thats not my
style. I love to build one wide open. Start to finish is three or four days is about right. Hopefully
others will take my lead and build their own showpieces. :wink:

Sure...it's all just that easy. :roll:

I'll hand you a Mac and copy of Adobe Illustrator and you should be able to crank out a nice logo just like I do in 20 minutes...it's easy! :lol:

If you've never welded and never messed around with metal or power tools much, it will probably be a lot harder to build a frame like this.

You always leave out how you are mechanically inclined, did construction, built cars and motorcycles from the ground up for many many years.

All of that experience over all of that time is what makes this all so easy. :mrgreen:

I think what you mean to say is....if you have all of my tools and you let me stand over your shoulder and tell you exactly what to do...it's easy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess it all requires a skill set. I have a hard time not understanding why people don't build these right and left.
I can do it with ease. I did see a guy that could carve a monkey holding a coconut out of a peach seed. It was the
darndest thing. I tried and never could do it. He could turn them out in about 20 minutes.
So I guess its been fun building them and having everybody oooh and ahhh at my carving a monkey out of a peach
seed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rat Rod said:
This one's my all time favorite...wish it were parked in my garage. :roll:

DSC05582.jpg
mine to! would someone PLEASE bump the 2 build threads(Uncles Stretch's and Krams! or at least the thread title.i wanted to bookmark them but couldnt find them :oops: )
looks really nice and i know youll keep making them....maybe just not as many or so often. but that just means youll have more time to ride them...i know your kind well :wink:

looking forward to seeing suhmore!

Ok I sanded the Bondo down and ran to the store and bought primer and paint. I got a good coat
of primer on and then the torrential downpour came. Hummm hasn't rained in a few days. I won't
gripe because at least we are getting rain this year. I hate droughts.
I should have put another shot of Bondo on and then wet sanded the whole thing....too old too tired.
It looks pretty good. So maybe if the rain stops I can shoot another coat of primer on.
DSCF0001-109.jpg

Thanks DrT. Well it quit raining and the sun came out. I took a chance and shot it. I used duplicolor red specs.
So far it looks good. Hopefully it won't do anything silly .
DSCF0002-102.jpg

Latest posts

Back