1936 elgin MOVED TO THE GALLERY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1936 elgin build

Yeah Tiki that build looked good because you had the rims that tan color. I should have too. In my need to try new colors as accents I got it wrong with the aqua on the rims. Love the two colors together till you stick them on the bike . They look fantastic in my closet. :lol: Ill get it right on the paint or Ill paint it again. and again and again. :cry:

I wouldnt put up with that ,id sell it to me instead. Teach that thing a lesson it wont soon forget lol..No Really I Mean It. Ill put a 80cc motor on that thing and terrorize the streets .Till my back cant take it that is.

Time for my 0.02. I've been putting some real thought into this Paul and I think you should try painting the wheels the burgundy you have on the frame.

That is the part I didnt want to do . I dont tape wheels I take them apart and then paint, and to strip and redo two wheels for a color change is crazy . It would be easier to build two more and paint them a differant color....which I might do . Really it simpler to paint the frame another color. Im going to stick another set of rims on it that are off white and see what differance it makes.

I had thought about that but wifey said it really wouldnt work.
Ok with white rims and blackwalls ....now it looks like a tired brown elgin ha ha

bwelgin001.jpg

bwelgin002.jpg

insomniacshotrods said:
How bout the pinstipe color on the wheels that would either tie all together or make you lose your lunch.

Funny that exactly why I didn't suggest it. :D

Re: 1936 elgin build with blackwalls and white rims

I like this a lot better.

I bet maroon wheels with white walls would look cool too.

Hi Uncle Stretch,

The bike has been looking sweet! I love these motobike frames... here's my thoughts on the color dilemma.

The Maroon color is CLASSY. I definitely wouldn't change that. What might look nice: Have you considered painting the wheels the same maroon color as the frame, and then adding a light tan, or better yet, a regal red pisntripe to the wheels (one per side of each rim) and then replacing the yellow ones on the frame with the same color? That might be a really nice way to tie the marroon and tan together... The more I think about it, the red (assuming it is just the right color) could look REALLY sharp. If you did that, light tan grips and seat to match the Schwalbes, possibly with a hint of red somewhere (jeweled grips, perhaps?) would make for one classy bike.

I got most of the paint off the frame already . Tomorrow I will finish striping it and im going to try the same color as the wheels. If it dosent work ill strip it again and paint it black with red rims ha ha

For a quick stripping of the paint i use easy off oven cleaner ,just make sure you clean it off immediatly if it gets on your skin or it will give you a burn you wont soon forget. Thats what happened to me when i was about 10 ,wind was blowing and i got some on my hands and didnt realize it till it was too late. Man i hate to see that burgandy go on the floor.

Shoot that new paint jumps off of there. could probably wipe it off with laquer thinner . The ol wire brush on the 4 inch sidegrinder rips it off. Will take me about 15 minutes to finish up tomorrow and if all goes well it should be aqua by lunch. :lol:

Ok this is starting to get silly. Its either the tires or my paint choices..That is a pearl silver..Think I missed it again. :shock:

silverelgin003.jpg

Re: 1936 elgin and yet another color

Looks like your gonna have to go with Teal, or put those tires on somthin else. Maybe white with teal pinstipes and a sparkley white seat

Im starting to dislike those tires . I know they are the problem. I think the only thing they look good on it a tan bike with tan wheels and maybe brown darts.

I think it looks awesome...the graphics on the tires appear to match the rim color.

Once you get some matching colored darts added it will all come together.

Might as well try some matching pins or darts. Less time than lacing a rim.

You have more patience than me and better weather. Snow here but made for some awesome skiing last night.

Back