☆★☆BIG JIM☆★☆ BUILD THREAD RRB-BO#8 A.G. 2013 (1ST PLACE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ☆★☆Ꭼsє LᎾ₡Ꮎ JᎾKᎬЯ!☆★☆ RRBO#8.

That is an amazing frame Luke!!
I love the flow of the high backbone. SLEEK!! :wink:

So with staying with my father in law (no room to work) and the following trip from here up to Darwin 2700km, probably wont be getting much work done for the next week...

Means I am going to have to get moving on the bike once we get up there, lots to do and running out of time to do it... :shock:

Luke.

realy hope you finish in time , this one is gonna pile allot of votes 8)

Funkme said:
So i was trollin and came across this...Something like $2,300 shipped to oz...
Maybe a future here?
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
Thanks for posting that one Funk!
Might be an idea for the next build! I see the resemblance to the current build, close enough to still fit my style! :wink:

Luke.

Went to a car show and swap meet today, picked up some nice bits that might find their way on to this bike or future ones...

Two handlebar risers and a nice headlight...

9046946993_62500f5f4f.jpg

9046947047_1b3f709cca.jpg

Not bad for $20 all up! :D

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Went to a car show and swap meet today, picked up some nice bits that might find their way on to this bike or future ones...

Two handlebar risers and a nice headlight...

9046946993_62500f5f4f.jpg

9046947047_1b3f709cca.jpg

Not bad for $20 all up! :D

Luke.

Noice!! :wink:

Nice score ! like that light style , i think it could well fit on this bike

Funkme said:
Maybe a future here?
saw these some time ago and my first thought was the side to side flex must $uck with only 2 aluminum sheets :?
but who knows? certainly look awesome tho!

LukeTheJoker said:
Funkme said:
Maybe a future here?
Thanks for posting that one Funk!
Might be an idea for the next build! I see the resemblance to the current build, close enough to still fit my style! :wink:

Luke.
Your frame is much more interesting,this looks bulky :wink:

I agree! Yours is much cooler Luke 8)

Thanks everyone! Glad you are all liking the bike so much!

In regard to the Dominator bike looking bulky, I think it just needs bigger wheels and tires to offset it! :wink: :mrgreen:

That new light and one of the risers will probably make their way on the this bike, the other headlight(s) I had in mind are these ones I posted right back at the start...

8698380064_65f93c6acd.jpg

The original idea was to put one each side down low on the forks, but I am thinking now with the way it is coming together that it would be too bulky looking, so I was thinking of moving them up where I drew them in this mock up:

9022370851_934b23e428.jpg

Still had not decided if I would be fitting one or both with that idea, but I agree with you guys, the new light will probably look awesome on the build! Will have to make a choice once I have a rolling chassis... Pretty sure one of the bar risers will find it's way on though, that is one bit I tend to not like building and half the time they don't look nicely finished when done, always look a bit like a hack job...

Luke.

If you decide to use the 2 big ones in front , you could always use the new one on the handle bars like a police spotlight on a pivoting suport with a handle ... could be cool :wink:
1665602_1a8399d8e0.jpg

attachment.php

Somehow missed this entire build till today and just read the whole thing :oops: .
Gotta give it to you mate, this is an epic working holiday 8)

Time to go home now and finish Fatbob.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: I will finish it! I promise! Got some new ideas for FatBob too, going to make it even better!

Safe in Darwin now, epic driving the last few days but got here safe, now just have to rest up and get back on the bike...

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
:lol: I will finish it! I promise! Got some new ideas for FatBob too, going to make it even better!

Safe in Darwin now, epic driving the last few days but got here safe, now just have to rest up and get back on the bike...

Luke.
good to see your home !!!!!!! cant wait to see your front fork etc. come together :!: :lol:

Troy

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Your mentioning Darwin, made me think of the Hoodoo Gurus!

"Tojo never made it
Tojo never made it to Darwin"

Cheers mate!
Dr. T

They bombed it 64 times though!

Back