☆★☆BIG JIM☆★☆ BUILD THREAD RRB-BO#8 A.G. 2013 (1ST PLACE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ☆★☆Ꭼsє LᎾ₡Ꮎ JᎾKᎬЯ!☆★☆ RRBO#8.

The Hoodoo Gurus are my 2nd favorite Aussie music export. AC/DC is 1. Midnight Oil and INXS are 3 and 4.

I've been lucky enough to see Hoodoo Gurus 4 times in smallish venues. Also saw Midnight Oil a couple of times......Never seen AC/DC though :( .......they are at the top of my "to see" list though.

Sorry for the hijack luke :D

:lol: All good!

Nice to have gotten to the halfway mark of the trip, 7000km down, same again to go! :shock:
Will have some updates on the bike for you guys soon!

Luke.

kingfish254 said:
The Hoodoo Gurus are my 2nd favorite Aussie music export. AC/DC is 1. Midnight Oil and INXS are 3 and 4.
And where does Cold Chisel fit in? :lol:

Re: ☆★☆Ꭼsє LᎾ₡Ꮎ JᎾKᎬЯ!☆★☆ RRBO#8. HELP WITH COLOUR DECISIONS?

Been thinking about colours for the bike, when I started the build I wanted the wheels to be the hero's on the bike, so they were going to be bright colours and the frame a dull or darker colour, maybe even black... It seems now from the response the frame has gotten so far that people are suggesting bright colours for the frame and darker ones for the wheels, it has taken me a while to come around to this, but I am getting there now!

The original suggestion was International Orange, which is cool, but I looked up the colour and imagined it with black wheels and just was not convinced on it yet, talking to my Dad about it, he said the orange was too dull! :shock: Anyway, just for a laugh I found a bright yellow, that with black wheels seems promising, so I added a yellow pinstripe around the wheels and black pin-striping to the backbone on the top plate, now it imagined great! :mrgreen:

Pretty hard to do a mock-up on it and get a real feel so you may have to use your imagination a little, but would be interested to know what you guys and girls think? :?:

9108478942_4d63cde4f8.jpg

Of course, knowing me, you know I didn't stop there! This bike is huge and heavy, has a massive set of sprockets on the offside with a huge 3 meters (10 feet) of #520 chain, painted yellow, there could only be one possible theme, couldn't there? :?: :mrgreen: So with a slight change to the tone of the colour and some graphics, I give you:

9108479026_99e4d98f8f.jpg

Please let me know what you think, still not sure on any of it, late at night, I am tired and I may be just coming up with stupid ideas here....

Luke.

Luke, I like the yellow mockup and I also dig the CAT mockup. If you go with CAT, it might be cool to build up a snow plow piece in front of the frame that even points under the front wheel a bit.

Vplow_truck.jpg

I'm with Kingfish, the cat theme is cool! Here's a pic of me under one of our cat loaders at work. Maybe this will get you think'n. :lol:

yep diggin the CAT theme :D ,all thou front loader doesnt come to my mind,more like steam roller :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

i like the cat theme
my rig is cat powered and its never let me down
plus they make great dozers my g/f parents have a d6 that is very old and it always fires up every time
they even used it to move their house when they first built it
so yeah the cat them works
maybe you could run the chain to mimic the track drive wheels on this d9n

bikes looking sweet luke
keep up the good work
sean

LukeTheJoker said:
Been thinking about colours for the bike, when I started the build I wanted the wheels to be the hero's on the bike, so they were going to be bright colours and the frame a dull or darker colour, maybe even black... It seems now from the response the frame has gotten so far that people are suggesting bright colours for the frame and darker ones for the wheels, it has taken me a while to come around to this, but I am getting there now!
9108479026_99e4d98f8f.jpg

That looks perfect right there!! :mrgreen:

Still more thinking and finessing of the plan, but looking at the reactions from you guys and girls so far, looks like it might go ahead! :D
Thanks for responding!

Luke.

Re: ☆★☆Ꭼsє LᎾ₡Ꮎ JᎾKᎬЯ!☆★☆ RRBO#8. NEW THEME?

Sorry ...cant help myself :roll:
RRBBO8LTJpaint_zpsdc4290ad.jpg

your own style deserve you own publicity :mrgreen:

love them both!!!! go for the uuuuhhhhhh :D :lol:

Troy

I'm not sure on the CAT theme to be honest... but at least there might be a sponsorship deal in your future :D

If memory serves, you were planning on hiding the chains somehow... so I guess this is a good way of doing that and the CAT logo fills the space. Having said that, now that I have seen the framework you have done, I reckon keeping everything exposed and see-through would be my personal choice. It looks more industrial and also looks lighter. The surface where the CAT logo is makes the whole bike look overly heavy to me. :?

That's my 2 cent addition :)

With the yellow theme TONKA would look good on it also

cableguy344 said:
With the yellow theme TONKA would look good on it also
Just thought of that myself! :D Great minds think alike I guess...
Going to have to do a mock-up now...

Luke.

Tonka build sounds cool.
I am wondering if the big side panels take attention away from the whole bridge girder frame. I may be wrong, but something to consider.
I'm sure whatever direction you go will rock!!

9108478942_4d63cde4f8.jpg

Back