█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlexSpaceliner 7/5 Flying Tiger Exhaust

Peatbog said:
Yes, that is really a chain GUARD!

Wait until you see the gun.

110111-F-1725G-022.jpg

Terry66 said:
Seriously man, you get the coolest chainguard of all time award for that one. Very nice....

Man, the pressure is really on for me to pull this off with something more than paper and markers!!!! :D

I'll get it though. Thanks for all of the compliments!!!

kingfish254 said:
Terry66 said:
Seriously man, you get the coolest chainguard of all time award for that one. Very nice....

Man, the pressure is really on for me to pull this off with something more than paper and markers!!!! :D

I'll get it though. Thanks for all of the compliments!!!
YouCanDoIt.jpg

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! In my best Rob Schneider voice

Peatbog said:
Or in the words of my seven-year-old cheerleader daughter:

You can do it,
you can do it,
if you put your mind to it.
Buckle down, buckle down,
do it, do it, do it.

I can do the little dance that goes with it to...but I won't.

Hey, that's a paraphrase of the lyrics to Roger Miller's "You Can't Roller Skate in a Buffalo Herd"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skFWsc_-i14

Well, ya can't roller skate in a buffalo herd
Ya can't roller skate in a buffalo herd
Ya can't roller skate in a buffalo herd
But ya can be happy if you've a mind to
All ya gotta do is put your mind to it
Knuckle down, buckle down, do it, do it, do it

tanksalot said:
I bet you could paint those graphics on the guard its a great looking graphic for that guard . just make copies & cut out a section at a time for stencils .. :D :idea:

I thought about stencils, but I really want to try freehanding it with brushes. I will do a test run on a scrap piece of metal first, but I am pretty confident I can do a good job at it. Stencils will be my fallback plan.

char said:
Kingfish man that chain guard is so cool!! It's going to look brilliant! Superb paint :D

LOL, I must be an awesome cell phone photographer. Everything thinks that this is painted on the guard. It is markers on drawing paper that is just lying on the guard. I didn't even tape it down.

But don't worry, you WILL be seeing the real thing painted on the guard!!! I promise you that!

WP_0021592.jpg

Ooo I see. I'm viewing on a phone, So the pic is small.It will be awesome i'm sure and I can't wait to see it all together! :D

char said:
Ooo I see. I'm viewing on a phone, So the pic is small.It will be awesome i'm sure and I can't wait to see it all together! :D

Thanks man! It's gonna be fun!!! I am definitely going to squeeze in a ride on it this weekend too.

Peatbog said:
If you put lights in your exhausts and have them light up alternately, they would look like the exhausts flashes from the pistons firing...or maybe have smoke coming out.

You can see in this photo that one of my ideas was to have flames coming out of the exhaust. I know it could be done, but I'm not doing it for this build.

WP_001902.jpg

Hmmm, what do I plan to use that pitcher for????????????

largek9 said:
That's it, I'll never look at another Spaceliner gaurd in the same way! That's cool, it just fits the lines. Nice 8)

I saw something about Flying Tigers early in the build off and he next time I looked at my chainguard it was like

11050398-easter-bunny-lightbulb.jpg

That space that is for the Spaceliner name is perfect for the tiger mouth and the shape of the whole guard is just plain sexy anyway. This is gonna be fun!!!!

Thanks!!!!

dude love the LEDs nice upgrade

BUNNIES EAT ZOMBIES

bunnyteeth.jpg

jats said:
dude love the LEDs nice upgrade

Thanks jats, Those were just mock up pics, but will definitely be installed.

About to head down to the Crystal Beer Parlor and meet Dr. & Bride of Tankenstein and their daughter.

Just finished polishing up the chainguard and drilling the holes to mount the exhaust too.

Back