█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwnFlxSpaceliner 7/7 Dr. Tankenstein + Guard

Great day so far. Went yard saleing and picked up an aluminum bat for $2 to eventually make a faux bike exhaust for future build.

Polished up the chainguard.

WP_002167.jpg

WP_002168.jpg

I have it ready for the exhaust pipes which should go on later today.

But the highlight of the day was meeting up with Dr. Tankenstein, his lovely wife, and cool daughter. I road Fugsley down to meet them and they followed me back to my house to see my stable of bikes including Flex-Liner 7. Rob is a great guy and has a wonderful family. It was a pleasure to spend time with them.

Here is a photo of Rob and I with Flexy. I was sweating up a storm after huffing it back to the house on my 1 speed Fugsley.

WP_002170.jpg

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwnFlxSpaceliner 7/7 Exhaust pipes installed

Had a great time with Dr. Tankenstein, but after a rest from the heat, I went back to the shop to work on the exhaust.
In an earlier post, I showed how I plugged the exhaust with dowel rod.
After the glue cured, I did a little shaping to them on the grinder because the guard has curved surface. Then I cleaned them up on a wire wheel.

Rather than drill big holes through the guard, I just drilled screw holes and attached the pipes with screws from the back.

Here you go!

WP_002172.jpg

WP_002173.jpg

WP_002171.jpg

Taped on the flying tiger

WP_002174.jpg

Then couldn't resist mocking it on the bike.

WP_002175.jpg

WP_002176.jpg

WP_002177.jpg

WP_002178.jpg

WP_002179.jpg

WP_002180.jpg

Then I decided to test out the Replicas saddle.

WP_002184.jpg

WP_002187.jpg

WP_002182.jpg

Kingfish you should stick a fork in that bike it's done I don't see any way of topping what you've got

Awesome looking guard :mrgreen: That decal on front is the bomb...get it :lol:

That's Doctor T. :shock: I thought he was the guy in his avatar with no teeth :lol: :lol:

big kountry said:
Kingfish you should stick a fork in that bike it's done I don't see any way of topping what you've got

Thanks very very much BK!!!

You're the second person to say that, but I ain't done yet.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Awesome looking guard :mrgreen: That decal on front is the bomb...get it :lol:

Funny you should say that after one of the mockups of a doodad that I tried today. I really love this guard too. It polished up nicely. That's still just paper taped to it for the mouth and eye. Gotta paint that still. Also need to put the red film behind the louvers and install the red LEDs.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
That's Doctor T. :shock: I thought he was the guy in his avatar with no teeth :lol: :lol:

Me too, and he was looking for someone that looked like The Nature Boy Ric Flair. WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

bike2112 said:
King, once again, it's coming together and looking awesome. I LOVE the chainguard art and exhaust.

Thanks dude. I am almost getting to the point where I can concentrate on the "pretty" part of the bike. Paint, chrome cleaning, etc.

I am kinda torn on how to paint the flying tiger. It may be a mix of stencil and freehand. Just not sure which color to lay down first.

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ 7/7 Pipes done, now Wings again

While I was in mock up mode with the chainguard, I tried some new ideas on the wings. The 54 Chevy wings were just so hidden and unseen near the old dropouts. I had problems with the 53 Ford wings because either I could see them from behind or I could see them from the side, so I decided to try to 54 Chevy wing fins on the rear suspension arms. Since these have the fins too, you can see them from any angle. I am still not sold on them here, but we'll see. I still need to think about my tailights and these may factor into that.

WP_002191.jpg

WP_002193.jpg

WP_002195.jpg

If there are any Ford or Chevy lovers out their this may be an abomination, but I am pretty darn sure that I am going to graft the 53 Ford jet wings onto the 54 Chevy eagle. To me it just works and flows with the other parts of the whole front fork assembly.

WP_002196.jpg

WP_002197.jpg

WP_002198.jpg

WP_002199.jpg

WP_002200.jpg

Fisch said:
Wow king, that chainguard really takes this hike to a new level of awesome! Wish I had that seat for my build!

Thanks a ton Fisch!!! How do you think the seat works with my build? These seats are so big, they don't work with every bike visually. I am just getting around to start thinking about the seat. I also have a laid back post coming soon that will give me more to ponder.

Of course, I still need to work on the light and mount it, so I mocked it up as well.

WP_002203.jpg

WP_002205.jpg

WP_002206.jpg

WP_002207.jpg

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ 7/7 Pipes done, now Wings again + a Bomb

Then for the shinola and giggles, I played around with the leftover missile section from the 53 Ford jet. This is completely frivoulous, but what the heck. Just picture it painted up the same way as the guard like a WWII bomb.

WP_002212.jpg

WP_002211.jpg

WP_002209.jpg

WP_002210.jpg

This shows the light and wings good.

WP_002214.jpg

WP_002215.jpg

WP_002216.jpg

imagearchy said:
Those headers are a great idea!!!!

Thanks man, I REALLY like how well they turned out!!!!! And how easy they were!!!!!!!

Bigdaddy772 said:
kingfish254 said:
New seat looks killer also digging the Missile!!! 8) 8)

Thanks man, I haven't ridden it with the seat yet.

We'll see about the missile. I guess I'll have to mock up some Freaky Bunny teeth on it too. 8)

Man this bike it awesome! I can't stop looking at all the cool little bits all over it. You've done a superb job! Very 8)

Pretty cool stuff, exhaust, hood ornament parts, suspension, frame, it all flows together. Tuff bike!

Back