█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlexSpaceliner 7/4 Full Mockups + Ride

This is quite the bike...very cool! :mrgreen: I think this is your best bike yet :wink:

bike2112 said:
Those are some awesome looking shots ant the bike gets better and better. My real question is each shot has a different level of barley soda in your bottle...how many bevvies did you enjoy 8) 8) 8)

I left the house with one. Had a couple at WOB and then left with one. In Savannah, you get a "TO GO" cup when you leave a bar.

Thanks for the continued compliments. Just have a lot of fun with this build.

How do you like the new placement of the 53 Ford wings/fins?

WP_002109.jpg

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
This is quite the bike...very cool! :mrgreen: I think this is your best bike yet :wink:

Thanks S'Ray. I think it is coming together to be better than BEER RUN and Fugsley. The question is, is it better than other BO7 bikes? We'll see next month. It's a blast to ride that's for sure. I had 3 people want to take photos of it and I haven't even painted it yet!!!!!

I love the shifter 7 ball, it really made shifting a breeze with the Nexus 7.

The new nylon spacers for the front forks make it work so much better.

I still need to tweak or even change the front spring. It is a little weak right now and ocasionally bottoms out.

Rear suspension is dialed in just right!!!

Guess I should start thinking about seat options soon.

tin machine said:
HEY MAN BIKE IS AWESOME !!!!! , just like it is dont over do it !!! i think sometimes its time to say hey that looks goood i like it :!: :!: 8)

Thanks for the compliments Tin.

That's what people kept telling me last year with BEER RUN, and even with Fugsley. I do like the way the bike is looking, but there is still work to do on it.

Also, by all means, please let me know if there is something you see that you think is out of whack or overboard. I post a lot of mockups for me to review, but also to get ANY and ALL feedback from my Build Brothas!!!!

Come on guys, don't just tell me what you like about the bike, tell me what you don't like!!!!!!! I can take it, I'm a big boy. And if I don't like it, I can hunt you down and cut your tires!!!! :p :x :mrgreen:

Thanks peat, I'll have to play around with the wings. I was in rush last night to get to riding.

Found a great new level indicator fluid today.

Rogue Voodoo Dougnut Bacon Maple Ale!!!!!!! Maple syrup goodness with actual smoked bacon flavor to boot.

WP_002122.jpg

I replaced the old beehive spring with the extra new springer spring that I had. It doesn't look as cool as the original, but man, it is dead on perfect for ridability!!!! I went for a short ride on Flexy to test it out before I took Fugsley for a ride down to the river to watch the fireworks.

WP_002123.jpg

WP_002136.jpg

Your bike is turning out awesome. I wish you lived in my hood because I want to caravan with people who have built bikes like this :mrgreen: . I haven't been able to convince any of my friends to build a bike and I haven't been able to find other builders in my area yet. Then again I just started and so did Summer.

Ape Stanger said:
Your bike is turning out awesome. I wish you lived in my hood because I want to caravan with people who have built bikes like this :mrgreen: . I haven't been able to convince any of my friends to build a bike and I haven't been able to find other builders in my area yet. Then again I just started and so did Summer.

Thanks alot Ape, joshfromga lives about 1.5 hours away and he brought his bike up with his girlfriend a few months back and we cruised around downtown Savannah. We had a good time. Dr. Tankenstein is vacationing near Savannah right now and I plan to meet him for a beer (or three) this weekend and I will probably ride Flex-Liner or Fugsley down to see him.

They look fine like you have them, but I would run them flat if it were me. :D

Thanks for all the input guys!!!

Actuators and missiles would be cool, but my brain hurts thinking about implementing that.

I may try them at a 45 up.

I might even play around with the location of the 54 Chevy wings too. There is so much metal at the drops that you can't really see them well.

great pictures, and a great bike. I really like it.

to-go cups is yet another reason that Savannah is my favorite city.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:

Thanks ifitsfree. I am having fun with this one. I am a proud native of Savannah. It's unique in many ways.

^^ I might be getting down there again this fall to visit my step-mother in Bluffton, GA. Me and the Mrs will be sure to hit Savannah on the way in, or on the way out, or both.

kingfish254 said:
ifitsfreeitsforme said:

Thanks ifitsfree. I am having fun with this one. I am a proud native of Savannah. It's unique in many ways.

Hey King ,Ya ever hang with Paula Dean ? I still think that laid back seat post will be just right,the shifter is perfect ! Nice...

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
^^ I might be getting down there again this fall to visit my step-mother in Bluffton, GA. Me and the Mrs will be sure to hit Savannah on the way in, or on the way out, or both.

Drop me a line if you do.

largek9 said:
kingfish254 said:
ifitsfreeitsforme said:

Hey King ,Ya ever hang with Paula Dean ? I still think that laid back seat post will be just right,the shifter is perfect ! Nice...

Naw, I can't justify paying $30 for fried chicken.

The shifter is working as smooth as it looks too.

It will be fun to play around with seating options soon.

I was thinking the same as Bike 2112...Hinge the fins!....I love the new placement though...Basically you started with one of the sexiest frames in Bicycledom and then threw so much cool at it that it's just sick! I love your bike! Someday a Spaceliner will find it's way to me.

Joker-n-Jack said:
I was thinking the same as Bike 2112...Hinge the fins!....I love the new placement though...Basically you started with one of the sexiest frames in Bicycledom and then threw so much cool at it that it's just sick! I love your bike! Someday a Spaceliner will find it's way to me.

I agree about the sexiness of Spaceliner frames. They have such cool lines and I am surprised that they aren't more in BO7. It's a tightrope to "throw cool" on it without taking away from the flow of the frame. But if you look at the all of the different original doodads and geegaws that these frames came with, there is some pretty wacky stuff that still looks cool. The versatility of looks and styles that these frames can pull off is pretty amazing.

I am glad that you're diggin what I am doing with Flex-Liner 7 and I really appreciate the compliments and feedback. I am having a blast with this bike. I've got it dialed in now and it rides great!

Still need to play with the wings. I don't think I am going to hinge them though, unless I think of a sleak way of doing it.

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlexSpaceliner 7/5 Exhaust Pipes J J J J

Cut 1/2 inch off of the copper 45s

WP_002153.jpg

Now to fab up how to attach them to the chainguard. I decided that I didn't want to cut four big holes in the guard so I took some 1/2" dowel and shaped it to fit into the elbow.

WP_002156.jpg

WP_002155.jpg

WP_002157.jpg

Then I glued the plugs into the elbows. Later I will shape them to fit the guard and just drill 4 small screw holes to screw in from the backside.

WP_002158.jpg

Back