█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ 7/1 EAGLE HAS LANDED Light + Flaming Wings

Scootbomb said:
Glad to see the bird at least in the air again. I think I like the simpler idea better. Seems to me the flames draw my eye (and attention) away from the bird a bit. Just my .02

After looking at it more, I tend to agree with you. I even tried it with a smaller wing mock.

WP_002061.jpg

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ 7/1 HOT 113 but HOUSTON THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

kingfish254 said:
bike2112 said:
King, that bracket looks really solid. If you have one of those chrome Schwinn fork crowns, throw it on there and see what it looks like. Just a thought. Keep up the awesome work my friend!

2112, cool idea, but I think this brace to too wide. Plus, I don't think I am done with the plumage for the wings yet. 8)

2112, You may be onto something. I think the flaming wings I had planned are just too big. I think I am going to make my own fork crown.

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ 7/1 EAGLE Brace Light Shifter Rear Bracket

Here is the 7 ball attached to the shifter.

WP_002058.jpg

WP_002057.jpg

WP_002059.jpg

WP_002060.jpg

And I decided to bolt on instead of weld the rear springer bolt brace.

WP_002063.jpg

char said:
The 7 ball looks great. Nice work!

Thanks Char,
It makes the shifting so much smoother have somethig besides a skinny blade to grip on.

What a long hot weekend. I feel like I got a lot done though.
- 54 Chevy Eagle mounted with fork truss rods
- better solution for front springer axle
- Beehive spring enhancement with baby beehive
- Spotlight eagle brace prepped. Just have to mount.
- Rear springer bolt brace secured
- 7 ball shifter knob installed
- New acorn nuts for rear arms attachment to springer U arm.

I am feeling good about my timeline now. I am ready to start wrapping up all of the engineering work and start getting to the beautification process with chrome cleaning and paint.

EDIT: Oh yeah and I found the cool pair of Phillips Manhattan cruisers with the SA 3 speed dyno rear hubs!!

Even the master bunny man can learn from us peons.

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlexSpaceliner 7/1 Lotta Work Done

Gotta love this! The Savannah Bicycle Campaign's Midnight Garden Ride is sponsored by New Belgium Brewery this year!
Just like last year, the Savannah Craft Brew Festival is that day with the ride and concert that night.

575367_10151861239715427_1785125249_n.jpg

This is the ride that I took BEER RUN on last year and won $200 at LBS for Best Lights and Best Costume.

midnightride1.jpg

bike2112 said:
Dude, I can't wait to get back down to Savannah. It looks soo much fun. Hows the front end of the bike coming together. Your work over the weekend looked really promising.

I think the front end needs to stay lean, so I am not doing the major wing skins that I was thinking of. I liked your idea of a fork crown, so I have a few ideas around making one. I may even make it out of the hammered copper platter that I have.

dogdart said:
Wow , , looking good , there's a lot going on here :D I like the 7 ball . I was thinking of using a 3 ball on mine , but I don't have one left , so I'm going with the mini 8 ball 8)

Thanks dog, I want to get the front end work wrapped up so that I can put the wheels back on and get a better idea of how everything flows (or doesn't).
I got the mini 7 ball from ebay. It was listed as a drawer pull.

raggedjim said:
King, I agree, the smaller wings look better to me.

My wife says we are coming to your house for vacation, see you soon! :mrgreen:

Rg

She must like my wife's courtyard garden that is just outside of my carriage house workshop. It's funny everytime I pull up one of bike photos out there, my wife looks right past the bike and talks about the greenery.

WP_001948.jpg

Funkme has the best workshop view though!!!!!

My wife has always wanted to visit Savannah (probably saw it on one of those house-hunting shows). We live in an old farmhouse (1910 is considered old in my neighborhood) and she likes the older neighborhoods.

Rg

raggedjim said:
My wife has always wanted to visit Savannah (probably saw it on one of those house-hunting shows). We live in an old farmhouse (1910 is considered old in my neighborhood) and she likes the older neighborhoods.

Rg

You can't beat the character of an old house. Our house is from 1873. It took us 3 years to restore it while living in it.
I am a native Savannahian and proud of our city. We only have about 300,000 people in the whole county, but we had 9 Million tourists last year.
It's a great old city with lots to see and do.

Oh, my house is full of character(s)! The rumor for years has been it is haunted (it is not).

My only visit to Savannah was a quick lunch stop on the Riverfront when travelling from Jacksonville to Statesboro for business. Seemed like a great area.

Rg

bike2112 said:
Have you met Frank Devau?

Doesn't ring a bell.

bike2112 said:
kingfish254 said:
bike2112 said:
Have you met Frank Devau?

Doesn't ring a bell.

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

LOL - Oh you mean Lady Chablis. LOL. No, but I don't think anyone else could have play his/her part better in "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil".

Maybe next year I will build a gender bender bike and name it Lady Chablis! :p

Back