RRB BUILD OFF #5 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a frame fer ya... Just pay shipping and its yers....
untitled.jpg
[/quote]

Thanks, I have a few Schwinn diamond frames. The ideal frame would be a diamond frame that has rearward facing drop-outs and accepts 28" wheels and tires. I may just use a Schwinn racer or Continental that I have.

speaking of 28" wheels....did i ever tell you i found a mate(in sact. of all places) for that white track wheel you sold me awhile back?
whatre the odds?!? now start a thread already :mrgreen:

Holy cow! how am i supposed to keep track of all these builds? only 5 days in and some already have 5 pages of posts. :shock: :D

Rat Rod said:
.. it's all be about having fun.

Concentrate less on winning and more on the fun part. :mrgreen:

Amen to that Steve :mrgreen:

Double Nickle said:
well if i got the right brush and paint and a quarter panel and just practiced i could maybe pull off a couple of lines...i would like to give it a try...

That's what the build off is all about, pushing yourself. Get the right brush, the right paint, the proper thinner mixture and practice, practice, practice. Pulling lines is all about doing it. You'll end up with a new skill and unique art on your bike.

Okay, not tryin' to violate RULE 10 here but I want to make sure. My Murry cruiser frame has a striped out fender brace that looks like a small triangle bar down behind the seat post. I'd like to replace it with a plate like the one on a newer Murry frame I have that mounts the rear brakes. This is actually a deciding factor for which frame to use and I like the older one better. Couldn't get pics at the moment...

bigredddaddy said:
Okay, not tryin' to violate RULE 10 here but I want to make sure. My Murry cruiser frame has a striped out fender brace that looks like a small triangle bar down behind the seat post. I'd like to replace it with a plate like the one on a newer Murry frame I have that mounts the rear brakes. This is actually a deciding factor for which frame to use and I like the older one better. Couldn't get pics at the moment...

I think you will be just fine doing repairs. now if you cut the frame in half and add 6".... probably not ok :(

At least thats the way I read it. Repairs ok, but not modifying the frame structure to change the style.

I had the same insperation 5mths ago and this is how mines turned out.

Indiantwin.jpg

But my insperation came from the pic of this bike

IMG_2843.jpg

rstuning003.jpg

rstuning001.jpg

boardtrackracer010.jpg

Indian004.jpg

Indian001.jpg

Indian002.jpg

Indian003.jpg

Built in the uk

Mr boardtracker, that turned out great! Mine seems redundant now! Sensor, I think you mentioned that you found a match. What did you do with them? I am still collecting parts for my build. Maybe tonight I will get some pictures and start a thread.

I have an idea for the build off and its super simple, but the not modifying the frame part is going to be a bit of a pain. I can weld stuff to the frame (add ons) but I can't change the frame structure or shape right?

Just want to make sure.

theyre waiting for me to save some $ so i can get a hub/spokes/nipples and tires so they can go on the camelback i got from hooch a long time ago(opps....i just gave away what bike ill use if i can get some spare $ and time)

MarksA-C said:
I have an idea for the build off and its super simple, but the not modifying the frame part is going to be a bit of a pain. I can weld stuff to the frame (add ons) but I can't change the frame structure or shape right?

Just want to make sure.

3. Must use factory frame....no altering of original frame structure
(grinding off fender tabs and cutting seat tube height is okay, just no major frame design changes).

8. Parts can be attached any way you wish (includes welding).

garagegoon said:
MarksA-C said:

Just want to make sure.

3. Must use factory frame....no altering of original frame structure
(grinding off fender tabs and cutting seat tube height is okay, just no major frame design changes).

8. Parts can be attached any way you wish (includes welding).

I just don't know about like adding fins or something

Ratfink1962 said:
Ok so I figured out we have 4 local guys (All are in the Coaster's bicycle club) taking on RRBO #5... are there any other clubs represented?

Ship the club participation trophy now... :lol: 8)

I'm putting up a prize of a Wichita Pub Pedal t-shirt to the Coaster who wins or finishes the highest.
In the case of a tie I'll flip a coin or something.

Latest posts

Back