RRB BUILD OFF #5 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion it is ok. There are those of us that can pinstripe and there are those that cannot. I plan on striping the piss outa my bike. It is a small detail thing and not a complete paintjob....

I can weld as well... I went down to Mulvane to my dads and used his welder to fix my problem. What do you need done?

Then again... If I were to add detail to someones bike on this build and they were to win.... I might feel bad... :cry:

simple lines? or some curves and loops... etc. City Blue is where i get my one shot and brushes. If you have never been there, they are off of Waterman just east of Washington.

do i think a bike could win if it did not have stripes? sure it is just another detail not a paint job i always took the paint rule as such so to keep those from having a frame professionally painted or powder coated.

This is my first build, and, you can tell by my posts that I have only just begun my journey with RRB. So, not to sound Gomer, but how do you know if someone has or has not painted thier own ride. Myself, I used to run the powdercoat shop at Big Dog Motorcycles and was trained by the best in the business... Daytec of Hesperia CA.... So, I have paint and powder experience. I am sure there are others out there with similar experience.

It's the honor system here....and it's all be about having fun.

Concentrate less on winning and more on the fun part. :mrgreen:

Well here is my two cent for everyone to hear...
If its even a question about having my frame stripped then I will not have it done, I will go out on a limb and try it myself...
1. That adds to the meaning of my bike to myself
2. That keeps everything cool with all the members
3. If I turn out to win, there will be no question that the trophy is mine fair and square...
I think that we all should think about that when we want to bend the rules....

its all good that this gets figured out early rather than later. and remember then if someone can pinstripe does that make it fair for only them to do it on their bike or should it be an available thing for those who can't? see what i started sorry steve

well if i got the right brush and paint and a quarter panel and just practiced i could maybe pull off a couple of lines...i would like to give it a try...

I started out with colored sharpies.... it helps to think patters then lay them out.... The trick with striping is a steady hand and how you hold the brush... and paint... less is more...

Boardtrack fan said:
I guess I'm in. I have a few parts lined up, but I am missing the main ingredient (the frame). The inspiration pictured below.
Indiantwin.jpg
I have a frame fer ya... Just pay shipping and its yers....
untitled.jpg

Back