Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. K

My bucket

And that right there is all that matters! As long a it puts a smile on YOUR face.
  2. K

My bucket

Definitely NOT a Boss 302 but a very cool ride indeed. If it's from a late 60's Shelby GT350 then it's a standard 302 that Shelby tweaked and made a little more than 300HP. The Boss 302's were made in 69 and 70 and featured 351 Cleveland heads (that look completely different than the heads on...
  3. K

1941 Western Flyer

That's where I got the die from Steve, borrowed it from the shop. Thanks!
  4. K

1941 Western Flyer

Well, I figure it's about time I updated this thread since the bike is pretty much done. Unchained, I have an issue with the springer and I hope you can help me out by answering some questions since it appears you have the same fork. Here are some pictures. Oh and thanks to Magicrat for helping...
  5. K

Hawthorne Springer Q

My pal magicrat posted this for me. There are no extra washers that I know of on it. Here's a picture of my bike if it helps.
  6. K

1941 Western Flyer

I just made a deal with Mark (2manybikes) for a S/A hub so I'm stoked about that! Thanks Mark! Unchained, That sounds pretty primative! LOL My lbs owner once showed me a tool he has for straightening forks. It's pretty cool. It fastens to the fork legs by the dropouts just like your wheel...
  7. K

1941 Western Flyer

oh Stretch, I did do that once but I did it the opposite way. Instead of taking out length in the steer tube I added about a foot and a half. Made myself a tall bike.
  8. K

1941 Western Flyer

The front end is pretty much done. I threaded the steer tube and got some of those spacers and it's going to work perfect. Everything lines up and no bending of the strut rods is needed. The only thing holding me up really is the 3 speed hub. Anybody got a S/A 3 speed coaster brake hub to would...
  9. K

1941 Western Flyer

Thanks for the comments guys. I want it done too Borlax. Tell ya what, you find me a nice S/A 3 speed cb hub in good working condition and I'll finish this bike right quick!
  10. K

post trike pictures

Love the parade bike! Makes me want to build one! Can you post a picture of the back of the bike and one from head on? It looks like the center riders pedals do nothing.
  11. K

1941 Western Flyer

I did that yesterday sensor. I have one person "yeshoney" who replied tonight and he has a few shimano 333 hubs but I'm not sure how these compare. If they're just as good I'm fine with it. If you could let me know sooner outlaw I'd appreciate it, I don't want to keep "yeshoney" waiting.
  12. K

Need Pictures of your Pinstripes

that makes a huge difference! Thanks :wink:
  13. K

Firewalker, Thanks for that, those stripes rock! I gotta let you know though, your avatar video thing jams up every page I scroll through big time! Thanks for the link Chimichange, I like some of those also.
  14. K

1941 Western Flyer

I got some really bad news today. It seems the hub is shot! When the LBS owner took it apart the first thing he saw was rust and alot of it. Then all the broken little parts fell out and some parts are so rusted it won't even come apart the rest of the way. Sooooo, does anyone have a "good"...
  15. K

1941 Western Flyer

Yeah I guess even if I use spacers I still have to thread it down farther so the bearing race will be down on the bearings. So then the spacers would go on top of that, right? Then the original top jam nut? Sounds right. I guess the key here is getting the proper die for the threads. My bud...
  16. K

1941 Western Flyer

The Problem............. What can I do to fix this? Should do "Option 1" and I get some of those fancy spacers from lickbike? Or should do "Option 2" and cut down the steer tube and re-thread it? I'm afraid that "Option 2" will effect the struts by rendering them too long. Of course the fork...
  17. K

1941 Western Flyer

I've been busy with other stuff lately but I got a little done on the bike today. I put the springer together and mounted the front wheel.
  18. K

My friend is going to pinstripe my bike for me. I need to come up with some ideas so I need some pictures of bike pinstripes to show him what I want. Can everyone please post pictures of bikes with pinstripes? I want it to be tastefull and not too busy or overdone. Thanks a million in advance...
  19. K

post trike pictures

You wouldn't have to do any welding to stretch that trike. All you would need to do it get two pieces of square tubing. One piece should fit snugly inside the exixting tube and the other piece should be the exact same size. Slide the smaller piece into the trike frame and drill some holes all...
  20. K

1941 Western Flyer

I finally picked up the frame from my Cousin this evening. The powdercoat came out exceptional!
Back