Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. nycet3

NOS Speedo Parts: Smiths? Stewart Warner?

I have this lot of old speedo parts in my collection. Received all of it from the same person. (He inherited a bunch of old bike stock.) One gear is Stewart Warner. As for the rest, I can't be certain. One angle drive is used. One is NOS. A serial number is visible. Also there appears to be a...
  2. nycet3

some NOS parts from long gone CCM shop

here are some parts I recently picked up. Can anyone ID the headset parts? Here's a wide shot, followed by close ups. Thanks. Joe Some nice old tools including some stamped CCM stuff, an enormous Raleigh crank tool and a CCM solid wheel wire tensioning crank too. Some Gibson and/or...
  3. nycet3

1927 CCM Cleveland project

I have most of the parts for this beauty. My plan is to keep the original finishes. I want this to be a well-tuned and preserved rider. The enamel dipped f/f are in surprisingly good cosmetic condition. I was able to bring back some luster with a gentle by-hand polish.
  4. nycet3

NOS Major Taylor Stem Clamp

It's a beauty. Not sure of maker. Inner diameter is just about 23mm. The diagonal length of the square clamp is just about 26mm.
  5. nycet3

Anyone ever seen these old speedo parts?

Got this in a lot of bicycle stuff. The large drive gear is 3.5" in diameter. There are a couple numbers as shown in the pictures. thanks a lot. Joe
  6. nycet3

Would Greatly Appreciate Some ID Help with This Frame

Just picked up this frame. Other than the number stamped near the integrated seat post clamp, there are no visible makers marks that I can see. The frame is obviously lugged. I can see pins inside the frame tubes where the latter interface with the lugs. The bottom bracket is threaded. There...
  7. nycet3

BSA-made Eadie Coaster Hub & CCM Hoops

Picked up these things the other day. Extremely stoked. The nickel plated Eadie hub is in very good shape. Needs to be gone through. The BSA cog is a bit "pointy", but as luck would have it, I have a NOS replacement. The hoops are 28" CCM. The original burgundy finish and hand-painted pin...
  8. nycet3

NOS engine parts. Bike?

Just picked up this lot of NOS engine parts. Came from the stock of an old/closed bike shop. Not sure if these are for a bike motor, but the shop sold only bikes. (I know some whizzers used the Tillotson carb, but not sure of this model.) The owner had labeled the jars with part numbers and...
  9. nycet3

Smalls Find: Lucky 7s, BSA, New Departure

All of these were in the same box. No markings on the clamp or any of the five Lucky 7s. (Any clues?). The sprockets are NOS BSA. The New Departure Two-Speed shifter topped off a nice little find. Cleaned up: Cleaned up:
  10. nycet3

TOC Truing or Display Stand?

Picked this up the other day. My guess is this is early 20th century based on the age of some other items In a collection I acquired. Not sure if it's a truing stand or a display stand. Looks similar in construction to my Myers A frame stands. Unlike my A frames this does not collapse. The...
  11. nycet3

1958 Western Flyer Rim, Hub & Tire help

I am cleaning up this 1958(?) Huffy made Western Flyer. The tires and complete front wheel are incorrect. I'd be grateful if someone would school me on which rim, hub and rubber I'll need to make this correct. The rear rim has no markings. It's trapezoid shaped. I believe it 2.125. The hub is...
  12. nycet3

Some of my old school bmx collection

Above: 1979 Redline MX-II f/f. Original paint & decals.KKT rat traps. Super Proline stem. Elina Lightning bolt seat. Xcaliber seat clamp. Ashtabula candy OPC. AME Bubble font grips. Above: 1979 Redline MX-II. All original finishes & decals. Early Microline bars. Super Proline stem. Crazy rare...
  13. nycet3

1968 CCM Rambler Scrambler

Pretty sure that's what I have here. This bike was in a warehouse space full of bikes, under an enormous knot of beaters. The original purple finish called me. I had to have it. Got it home. Broke it all down. Cleaned and lubed it up. Found a NOS Norco slick. Threw it on to keep things...
  14. nycet3

Any Raleigh Wisp Owners?

Anybody own a Raleigh Wisp (1967-1969) moped? I've always been intrigued by them. Would be a cool bike to work on and add to the herd. Joe
  15. nycet3

Unknown Taillights: cool discovery

posted this a few weeks ago hoping to get them ID'd. No luck. Definitely old. Glass lens. Nickel bezel. Generator powered. Nice copper electrics. I thought the shells were painted steel. Turns out they're solid brass. Stoked.
  16. nycet3

Muscle, Balloon and Rat Lights & Horns

Here are a few from my burgeoning collection. All NOS.
  17. nycet3

Some beautiful old bike stands

Been pretty lucky hunting lately. Just picked up these beauties. I believe the finishes beneath the dirt are original. I'm pretty sure these were inspired by medieval torture devices. Enjoy. Joe
  18. nycet3

Dogleg crank ID

I saved these from the crusher. I have no doubt these have never been built. I can't find a makers mark. They do have what appear to be identical model numbers. The finish has a slight yellow tint to it, but I can't say with certainty it's nickel. Nickel or chrome, the finish stops at the...
  19. nycet3

Raleigh Chopper MK-1

Picked this up from a movie/TV props sale. 1972 MK-2. Was universally filthy and had some rust. I tore it completely down and dealt with literally ever part. It's clean as heck now. Someone a had welded a crossbar to the bars. I cut that off with a dremel. The front tire is a Michelin moped...
  20. nycet3

Nickel plated seat clamp

A friend gave me this the other day. It's in very nice condition. The nickel is really sweet, and there's a cool detail on the bolt shaft. It threads smoothly. Does anyone recognize it? Thanks. Joe
Back