Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. F

reneged JC Higgins

Thanks for the reply. Check it out when you get time and holler back! Mick
  2. F

reneged JC Higgins

I sold the Huffy to a friend for $20 the day after I got it and have regretted it ever since. He's worth it though. He's been slowly restoring it since and still needs a fender. It is a "peaked" fender. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mick
  3. F

first cruiser build - here we go ......

Yea, That does sound good.
  4. F

That stem came out looking great. I like the tank idea so far but personally I'm not feeling (yet) the other filler behind the seat. I think It's the different attitude (?) than the tank (vertical vs horizontal). Before you buy those Schwinn bars take a look here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77406...
  5. F

Hek Yea! That looks sweet.
  6. F

I like your new tires and your original seat. I think I have the same bike. I love the heavy frame. The cantilever tubes are an 1/8" larger than my Murray's. I don't have a badge either but searching for Huffy Camaro Bike I saw a couple with tanks and a small decal over the tank light. Not many...
  7. F

How to touch up my Schwinn Coppertone?

I was thinking that and also it's probably hard to find a little leftover paint from someone's project. I actually have one PM out right now about a fork. Thank You, Mick P.S. Do you have a fork? :) I still don't have a pic of the blem but I'm am riding a little now.
  8. F

1982 Murray Monterey

Re: 198X Murray Monterey I just realized I haven't shown a pic of my new black crank and old sprocket, that I'm so proud of. Oh yea, new chain too. The sprocket came from a 24" ladies bike and It has a few less teeth than stock.
  9. F

1982 Murray Monterey

Re: 198X Murray Monterey I needed to scrape off the old "decal" darts at the transition from red neck to maroon frame tubes. I finally made some new decals for that. They are inverted from traditional but they cover more paint chips and I like them.
  10. F

My First Panther

You got me to wondering if my tank was original so I looked at the '66 catalog online. The Panther and the Fleet are touted as having a tank with built-in horn. Bikes are fun! Mick
  11. F

My First Panther

Got it put together now.
  12. F

My First Panther

Update; Now I have a front axle, thanks to the previous owner. He also brought me some tires and tubes. I now have 5 used S-7 tires and tubes and not a matching set in the bunch. :P
  13. F

My First Panther

I like it! Thanks Guys!
  14. F

My First Panther

BB 18389 -------- I don't think there's another digit under the fender brace? Thanks, Mick
  15. F

RS, Thanks for the link. Great info and resources there. Like you said, It's not going to be cheap, for touching up an old rusted bike. Realistically, I think their prices are good for a restoration job. Maybe I can trade someone for a leftover ounce.
  16. F

I love the natural patina of my new Coppertone Panther but someone sanded a spot on the fork a couple inches long. I'd love to fix it so it's not so obvious. Any advice or leads to find proper paint would be appreciated. Thanks, Mick The spot is on the other side but this is the only pic I have...
  17. F

My First Panther

Sold my 1970 Columbia Twosome today and got this in trade. Every thing is there except one tire and the front axle. Does anyone know the year model right off?
  18. F

Swap Meet in Shreveport, LA ( Maybe )

I just put an ad in Craigslist for interest in a Swap Meet. If I get a few contacts I'll extend an invite to a certain really friendly LBS. Then maybe I can post a flyer there to get some more interest. If a Shreveport Swap Meet gets to rolling, an invite will definitely be posted here...
  19. F

1982 Murray Monterey

Re: 198X Murray Monterey Right-on! Got my Thompson Bottle Grips in the mail yesterday. I ordered the grips before I got the bike. That's even better, right!
  20. F

Maybe someone will recognize the chain guard

Yea, After searching Huffy's again I saw that chain guard on a Huffy Corvair and a Galaxie.
Back