reneged JC Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been watching a guy down the street clean out his garage. Nothing went to the street. Then He got a huge rent-a-dumpster so I stopped and said "you're not throwing out those bikes are you?". He said Yea, they're yours if you want them. So I loaded the English Huffy and walked back for the JC Higgins. He says, I think I'll keep this old Sears bike. It was his as a kid. So I said, I'll give you $20 for it. He says OK.

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

Thanks for the great welcome. I really considered the red and white seat for the Higgins but it says "Made In England" on the badge. It must be original for the Huffy. Lots of the Huffy parts are stamped England.

I've got my eye on a Troxel seat. I wanted a Mesinger for some reason. I'm no expert so I could use some advice here. Any thoughts? The Troxel has a crash guard and looks like a Mesinger.

Also, I could really use a hint as to where to find fat tires. It has 26 X 1.75 Allstate's on it now.

Thank You, Mick

flatflip said:
Thanks for the great welcome. I really considered the red and white seat for the Higgins but it says "Made In England" on the badge. It must be original for the Huffy. Lots of the Huffy parts are stamped England.

I've got my eye on a Troxel seat. I wanted a Mesinger for some reason. I'm no expert so I could use some advice here. Any thoughts? The Troxel has a crash guard and looks like a Mesinger.

Also, I could really use a hint as to where to find fat tires. It has 26 X 1.75 Allstate's on it now.

Thank You, Mick

What's nice about that bike is that it was likely a Huffy Sportsman. Huffy Sportsman was a rebadged Raleigh Sports. Made in England and of pretty good quality. Nice finds!

I sold the Huffy to a friend for $20 the day after I got it and have regretted it ever since. He's worth it though. He's been slowly restoring it since and still needs a fender. It is a "peaked" fender. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mick

I may have a fender for that Huffy, I'll have to go outside and look aorund though. The storm made a mess of my boneyard. A Raleigh rear fender got tossed in the neighbor's backyard last night and I found it this morning :lol:

partsguy said:
I may have a fender for that Huffy, I'll have to go outside and look aorund though. The storm made a mess of my boneyard. A Raleigh rear fender got tossed in the neighbor's backyard last night and I found it this morning :lol:
Thanks for the reply. Check it out when you get time and holler back!

Mick

Back