Ubernaturlich ( Check the Completed )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ubernaturlich ( Front tire thoughts ? )

What's everyone's thoughts on this for the front? 16X1 1/4.

SchwalbeKojak.jpg

Thanks for the input.

Re: Ubernaturlich (Quick Mock Up & Bits and Bobs )

Just seeing what the fenders & light look like with the frame. Not sure what I'm doing with the fork yet.

BOMock1Rear.jpg

BOMock1Front.jpg

Some other pieces

BOPieces.jpg

Thinking that these pedals may work. Thoughts?

BOPedals.jpg

Not sure on which grips

BOGrips-1.jpg

Really like how the crank came out (this is real patina)

BOCrank-1.jpg

After some "cleaning", I think I may use the original bars and stem

BOBars.jpg

I am feeling this seat. Think it will go well with the rest

BOSeat.jpg

bike2112 said:
That is a mean looking bike. Did you do the frame like that as well, or is that how the frame was when you got it?

The frame was mostly orange when I got it (see page 1). I high pressure washed it and then polished the heck out of it. I then made the attempt to match the new fenders as best I could to the actual 50+ year patina of the frame.

bike2112 said:
ChrisMac said:
The frame was mostly orange when I got it (see page 1). I high pressure washed it and then polished the heck out of it. I then made the attempt to match the new fenders as best I could to the actual 50+ year patina of the frame.

Well, you did a phenominal job dude.

Thanks so much. It was frustrating and fun. Yet rewarding to see it all put together finally. Up til today, all the pieces have been separated. Basement, garage, kitchen, etc. It was cool to see them all up against each other to see how it all flowed.

Those fenders look like they have been through everything the bike has . Great matching!!!
I love how that space age looking new light also has a old school look and even more so with your fauxtina!!!! Perfect scale and look for the bike!

Front fork is disassembled. Had to straighten out the truss bars (they were pretty tweaked), but they polished up nicely. I'm getting the fork down to the LBS to get it cut down and rethreaded to match the head tube on Monday. Then . . . time to paint it up to match the rest.

Re: Ubernaturlich (2nd Mock Up & Maybe A Rack? )

Loooks great! :D I think the rack takes away from the bike, kind of out of place :wink:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Loooks great! :D I think the rack takes away from the bike, kind of out of place :wink:

That's exactly what my wife said.

bike2112 said:
I like the rack, but not the color of the wood. Looks too new. I'm sure you can age it up though.

Yeah, freshly sanded. It is over 100 year old wood, but some serious aging would definitely be involved if I decided to go with it. May age it up a bit to see if I feel any different about it.

Definately one of the coolest bicycles I have ever laid eyes on. You should be proud!

MattBiker said:
Definately one of the coolest bicycles I have ever laid eyes on. You should be proud!

Thanks a bunch for that.

Stained the wood on the potential rack. Still not convinced. I think I'll leave it until last & see what the bike looks like assembled first.

So far, I am not really feeling the rack. But that is just my opinion.
I don't see that back end needing much other than maybe a light and/or tag.

Relly diggin this build!!!

Re: Ubernaturlich (Correct Angle Post & Making A Plate )

Gotta make up the shim, but you get the idea. Any guesses on what this "seat post" actually is?

BOSeatPost1.jpg

Perfect clearance and enough room for the license plate I'm using. It has been decided. No rack.

BOSeatPost2.jpg

Re: Ubernaturlich (Correct Angle Post & Making A Plate )

Perfect age on that seat too. Sharper and sharper everytime I look.

Latest posts

Back