Ubernaturlich ( Check the Completed )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ubernaturlich (Need Some Heat)

Blue-tipped wrench... lol :D

blow_torch.jpg

I hadn't seen this one yet.
Another back page save.
What's happenin'?
Any progress?

I've never seen this method listed before, but I have had good results loosening rust frozen nuts, bolts and such by soaking them in a bucket of water. Since moisture on metal causes rust, it seemed to make sense to me and has worked many times, especially if the parts can be put in a bucket or pan. Just don't destroy the screw driver slots or round off the nut shoulders first.

Re: Ubernaturlich (Gotta find some time)

Unfortunately life has a way of keeping us from doing the things we really want to do.Stupid responsibilities :!: Just consider it time to think about what you want to build.

ChrisMac said:
Circa Cycles said:
Unfortunately life has a way of keeping us from doing the things we really want to do.Stupid responsibilities :!: Just consider it time to think about what you want to build.

Yeah, I don't wanna be a grown up anymore.

I know what you mean.That's why I "act" like one when necessary.I am also in training to take over my Dad's role as "The World's Oldest Living Teenager".What a goofball :!:

Peatbog said:
You can't help stop from getting older, but you can always be immature. :mrgreen:

Immature is a word boring people use to describe fun people :D

Peatbog said:
You can't help stop from getting older, but you can always be immature. :mrgreen:

Words to live by!!!!!
As JB once said, "I'd rather die while I'm living, than live while I'm dead!"

Circa Cycles said:
"The World's Oldest Living Teenager".

I want that title!!

kingfish254 said:
Circa Cycles said:
"The World's Oldest Living Teenager".

I want that title!!

Yeah,that's a good one.Not impressed by titles.Except that one.

Saw your post on Fisch's build.

In BO6 you were the King Rat as far as pure rat builds go.
So you get the King Rat bump to Page One.
Let us see more of what is in store!!!

great_king_rat_by_goodnightleftside-d332gid.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Saw your post on Fisch's build.

In BO6 you were the King Rat as far as pure rat builds go.
So you get the King Rat bump to Page One.
Let us see more of what is in store!!!

great_king_rat_by_goodnightleftside-d332gid.jpg

Wow. Thanks so much. I got so frustrated during that build, but I was pleased with the final product. Overwhelmed with the compliment.

Fisch said:
20" unite! Dig this frame man. And a skiptooth 20! I want to see what is under that red/orange paint, It looks really promising. :shock:

FINALLY got the frame stripped down to just a frame. Gonna start the clean up of the flakey reddish paint. Any ideas how to get it off without damaging the green underneath.

Re: Ubernaturlich (Frame is finally disassembled)

You are welcome for the new avatar!!!

If it is spraypaint, try acetone and scotchbrite pads. It should take off the spray without hurting what's under there. Some Nailpolish removers are acetone based, you could try a little of that first?

I did my entire Datsun 510 with acetone scotchbrite followed by wet sanding to get off the camoflage rattle can paintjob!

Home depot has a product called Spray paint remover which also does the job. I likes acetone better though.

If it is not spraypaint, you might need to wet sand it off.

Fisch said:
If it is spraypaint, try acetone and scotchbrite pads. It should take off the spray without hurting what's under there. Some Nailpolish removers are acetone based, you could try a little of that first?

I did my entire Datsun 510 with acetone scotchbrite followed by wet sanding to get off the camoflage rattle can paintjob!

Home depot has a product called Spray paint remover which also does the job. I likes acetone better though.

If it is not spraypaint, you might need to wet sand it off.

I have acetone @ work. Maybe I'll pick some up today.

Re: Ubernaturlich (High Pressure Water)

Just clear coat it and build a Calico bike!!!

Back