WOULD THIS WORK?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im no carpenter and i dont know the codes, but your spacing may be different. our roofs have to be stronger because of all that white crap were blessed with every winter. if you cant get above to see the rafters, do the tap and listen for the solid sound thing.

X-RAY said:
im no carpenter and i dont know the codes, but your spacing may be different. our roofs have to be stronger because of all that white crap were blessed with every winter. if you cant get above to see the rafters, do the tap and listen for the solid sound thing.
Yup, you may be right...I haven't seen closely spaced joist and rafters until I moved to the snowy North. The places I use to build (Hawaii, Southern California and Florida) mostly are spaced further apart. :shock: Heck...20 years in construction, I finally saw my first boiler when I moved here...and I have a license for HVAC :lol:

something else just occured to me.

depending how straight/true the bottom of your trusses where, there might be shim's between the drywall and some of your trusses.(up to 1/2"

1.5" of 2x6, .5" of drywall, .5" of shim's, would only leave you with 1" of screw in your joist.

wouldn't hurt to use 4" just to be safe.

Back