Winged Hawthorne // FINISHED with PICS!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Critter1 said:
So I came to my LBS for some tires and left with so much more... Wasn't planning on spending that much but, I guess it beats paying for shipping.

Choices, choices..
bu3a4amu.jpg

wow - tire pile is larger than my local bike shop. :)

watchin this one ( and we better see pics of the Bug, too :) )

I have a set of mini apes set aside for this build.. I also have about 10 other sets of handle bars in all shapes and sizes.... but I'm just not sold on any of them. :?

I like the size and shape of these on this motorcycle. I'd like to find something similar?

I'm also liking the tail light/fender brace combo on this motorcycle. I have a cool Model-A tail light left over from last years pile I could use. Just have to find the thing!

547364_581091735242686_1788362553_n.jpg

I wish my LBS had a selection like that! They only have 5-10 pairs of tires on hand at any given time (one pair in each size). If you want whitewall, gum wall, or colored tires he has to special order them. :roll: They don't even carry valve stem caps anymore.

Yeah Elite Bicycles is pretty impressive with their selection of stuff. They cater to the BMX crowd and Fixie guys mostly. What I didn't realize is that there's a huge custom market for Razor scooters.. and they have a big section dedicated to just that too.

RonK said:
Lets see some pics of the vee dub, Justin
Its not painted yet.. just a bare shell and a pile of new parts. Kind of like this build off bike. It'd be cool if I can have it painted by the time the build off ends.. but I doubt it. Are you entering the build off this year or what?? You can name it ...23 :D

Going to try and get some mock up pics posted today. The UPS truck just dropped off a package with a springer inside...

So I picked up one of these after market Monark springers.. Very nice unit! Came with cups and bearings, and the dropouts are extra thick stainless that will polish up nicely.

IMG_2785.jpg

IMG_2787.jpg

Gonna have to trim off about an inch.
IMG_2788.jpg

I was a little concerned at how the bottom bracket adaptor would fit into this frame. Thought maybe it'd either be too loose or way too tight and not even start to go in. Luckily, it'll be a nice press fit. Here it is just set in place ready to press in. I won't mock up my crank set until after the frame has been blasted and I have a chance to take a sandpaper roll to the inside of the bottom bracket.

IMG_2789.jpg

IMG_2791.jpg

Re: Old Soul... sprung

Nice! 8)

I like the springer and tire choice! :D

Re: Old Soul... sprung

Loves those monark springers.

Re: Old Soul... headbadge

WHOA!!!
That badge rocks!!!!
Love the 8, the lettering and the VW homage.
BRAVO!

EDIT: I also just noticed the wavy legs matching the water.

Re: Old Soul... headbadge

awesome head badge! great work!

Troy

Back