Will I be banished if I do this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First, do what you want with what belongs to you.

But.....

Remember it is only original once, and THOSE bikes will never be made again.

Good luck with the project, it will be really cool looking. Can't wait.

I say, THEY are your'e bikes, do what you want with them. Those frames don't sell that good anyway. Its the parts people are after. I've seen the mens frame for sale on here, ebay and at my local swap and NOT sell. Do as you will. You could always make you're own frame iff that will ease you're mind.
TOO bad they are not Black Phantoms then I'd say GOOOO FOOORRR IIITTTT! :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

ozzmonaut said:
What part of NC are you in deusvult?
Below Asheville Area
outsider13 said:
I say, THEY are your'e bikes, do what you want with them. Those frames don't sell that good anyway. Its the parts people are after. I've seen the mens frame for sale on here, ebay and at my local swap and NOT sell. Do as you will. You could always make you're own frame iff that will ease you're mind.
TOO bad they are not Black Phantoms then I'd say GOOOO FOOORRR IIITTTT! :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

Or a Schwinn Autocycle. :wink:

The way I feel about it is this, if it belongs to me, I do as I wish, whether I have an idea I think is cool or I'm just trying to get under someone's skin.

I love things that are unique and people who are willing to do something that others might think as crazy.

yoothgeye said:
The way I feel about it is this, if it belongs to me, I do as I wish, whether I have an idea I think is cool or I'm just trying to get under someone's skin.

I love things that are unique and people who are willing to do something that others might think as crazy.

Amen to that, Personally if money were no object I'd chop and drop an Elgin Bluebird and make a sick burrito out of it.

outskirtscustoms said:
Amen to that, Personally if money were no object I'd chop and drop an Elgin Bluebird and make a sick burrito out of it.

I heard that. I've often thought that there must be some Bluebirds out there that people don't know what they have and you could get it cheap, if I ever did I would do something like the classic rat, flat black, red wheels, whitewalls and some pinstripe. Make people mad, then sell it after the fun is over. haha

Yeah but I'd have to take pics of it cut in half just to turn the purist's stomachs. And I think it would look sweet with the dropouts redone so the chain stays are an inch off the ground. Mild stretch, some fat 20x3's, bobbed fenders, flat black, red rims, ape hangers, and saddle bags.

Well if they're junky anyway, is turning them into a custom build really any different than doing a full restoration? Either way they're original once.

On the other hand, you could build the same deal with just about any other frame, I would say there are others better suited for it too.

mos6502 said:
Well if they're junky anyway, is turning them into a custom build really any different than doing a full restoration? Either way they're original once.

On the other hand, you could build the same deal with just about any other frame, I would say there are others better suited for it too.
I'm kind of thinking that. Nevermind them being X53's or Z28's or whatever. I'm just thinking how cheaply found other bikes are that may have frame designs that will require slightly less mods for this project. On the other hand I really like how the rack looks being behind and overhead. Either way the general concensus (myself included) is to do what you want. It looks like a cool idea and I hope it turns out even half as cool as the pic looks. Remeber to add some rearview mirrors somewhere on there.

Back