Will I be banished if I do this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I foresee many many angry ppl if I end up going through with this project...

Basically I have 2 1/2 Mens X-53 Western Flyers & 1 Womens X-53 that need a complete restore.

Originally I was going to do a full restore and out fit 2 small rear hub motors for a his & hers set.
Well the little lady doesn't even now I bought and trying to restore a bike for her. She has a broken tail bone and can't really ride an upright for very long. (a mile or two) So she really needs a recumbent trike (for the added safety as well).

Unfortunately for many of you I have a deadly combination of likes:

I like antique bikes
I like electric bikes
I like tadople recumbents.

Put it all together and you get this:

72w00j.png

i think if its in your garage you can build what ever.. but that my friend is one cool idea and it looks like killer.. id say GO FOR IT!!

..."Say it isn't So".... another Signature Ride!!!!... Dude "Go Fo Broke"...it's all you Man :mrgreen:

This isn't CABE!
I say go for it!!!!

out of all the recumbent styles i like that style the best, I'm with cman on the seat though ... i'd like to see a couple side by side tall back banana seats on that contraption ... one for each butt cheek

CCR said:
... i'd like to see a couple side by side tall back banana seats on that contraption ... one for each butt cheek

That would be cool.....with dualie sissy bars for the seat back as well!!!

call it the TIME MACHINE as you are taking bikes of the past using todays tecnology for a different future,I agree with running 2 Bseats as back support or redo a weight bench backrest retool it with matching seat cover to match what ever seat you use,I hope you pull it off on this build and try to keep it oldskool looking,no hating from me,I joined this site for the no hating aspect,most would agree that if you execute it well you won't be banished

The People have spoken!

So I guess I'll go through with it. Largek9, I'll have to give you a parachute :lol:

Thanks for the ideas too. I won't be starting on this anytime soon. (I just bought my first house and that's my hobby right now) I will start a build thread when I do. Looking forward too it.

Thank you again.

Regards,
-Deus

They always jumped on me for knocking a little original paint off the ones I built. Wasn't like I was burning a perfect StingRay or anything. Good luck on your build. :wink:

You got props for even thinking of it but if you pull it off like I know you can I think it will be an awesome and unique bike!

In case anyone else is itching to PM me... See below. (I received permission to post this PM from the author)

I have a tadpole recombent greenspeed .. $$$ bucks.. I will trade you for these bikes..
do dont do that to an x53.

I appreciate the generous offer, but I'm already well on my way with this. If it makes you feel any better I am going to try to do the least amount of damage as I can to the original parts. (Got to be somewhat respectful) I'm going to try to stick with just cutting the frame and not altering much of anything else. I'll purchase re-pops for the headlights too and sell off my original. I'm thinking I may not even use the forks and mod up something that looks similar. I will not be using the front fender either as it is to big for a 20" wheel.

Regards,
-Deus

It's cool to respect the worth of a bike,but in the end one mans treasured artifact is another's chop project,do what you do and satisfy yourself not others,your bikes your rules

Back