Who's in?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poo,. I have to wait a little bit.. 😩

-Robin

New format started this year

Jan-Mar : OFF-ROAD (ORBO) and another class TBD

Apr : off

May-July : annual “run what ya brung” build-off (RRBBO) with class 1/class 2 as usual

Aug : off

Sept-Nov : muscle bikes (MBBO) class 1/class 2

Dec : off

New format started this year

Jan-Mar : OFF-ROAD (ORBO) and another class TBD

Apr : off

May-July : annual “run what ya brung” build-off (RRBBO) with class 1/class 2 as usual

Aug : off

Sept-Nov : muscle bikes (MBBO) class 1/class 2

Dec : off
May it shall be 😩

A neighbor heard about the build and just dropped these off for me at work.
I had a set of the red 5 spoke rims back in the day but mine were black. Heavy wheels. Not seeing a manufacturer stamp, maybe inside. The 48 spoke rims have huge axel's, I'm guessing for a freestyle bike. They'll need new spokes. This hasn't even started and I've got 3 sets of rims to choose from and a couple more sets getting donated this weekend. View attachment 246678View attachment 246679View attachment 246680View attachment 246681
I've been planning on using a pair of ACS stoker mags..
Screenshot_20230819_062354_eBay.jpg
Also with a bendix 76 hub .
20230821_162201.jpg

I had a set of the red 5 spoke rims back in the day but mine were black. Heavy wheels. Not seeing a manufacturer stamp, maybe inside. The 48 spoke rims have huge axel's, I'm guessing for a freestyle bike. They'll need new spokes. This hasn't even started and I've got 3 sets of rims to choose from and a couple more sets getting donated this weekend. View attachment 246678View attachment 246679View attachment 246680View attachment 246681
Found the brand logo stamped near the hub on the front 5 spoke rim, they are old Lester's. Slightly bummed that both reflector tabs are broken. Have to see about attaching replacement's.

Last edited:
Found the brand logo stamped near the hub on the front 5 spoke rim, they are old Lester's. Slightly bummed that both reflector tabs are broken. Have to see about attaching replacement's.

When I find or get given things that are broken or modified I always feel free to use them in a new way. I would grind off the reflector tab stubs, and take them from there :)

A friend of my wife, who knows of my interest in bikes, gave me this the other day, probably used mostly by one of her sons to get to school and around generally.

It only has one wheel, the rear, which means I now have two aluminium wheels - a 24" and a 26+". I was also looking for a new minimalist seat for one of my off-road Romets. That Romet is also running my only 6 speed hub, and this is a 7 speed, so that might be a useful upgrade eventually as well, along with most of the things of the handlebar. And that fork! Eventually this could mean that I end up with the most modern Romet Zenit out there.

Anyway, all I need is to decide how to build this frame now. Or maybe the Amsterdam frame with these bits?

AIL4fc9wZ8s-P86D6pHdc3eMivxiRn_Y_JkUYGYj4b29hxhES54rnXpuAYuNpoTR7ntL2tsWS5tXSFZAW4iw6K_F5OfEKVXDCztSd9C3ylePOQDwOSTfcNtfTS6StRiX_dFXL8Etj0A94uPLpz2r1wozMjiY=w1456-h963-s-no

Lots to think about!

Anyway, all I need is to decide how to build this frame now. Or maybe the Amsterdam frame with these bits?
I think that rockrider frame could make a cool muscle bike, it has some interesting design elements. I like the shaped tubing and unusual seat stay bends, it definitely has some flair. Maybe a longer fork to replace the suspension, and then you could fit a larger diameter wheel up front

I think that rockrider frame could make a cool muscle bike, it has some interesting design elements. I like the shaped tubing and unusual seat stay bends, it definitely has some flair. Maybe a longer fork to replace the suspension, and then you could fit a larger diameter wheel up front

Yes, it is certainly different to my other bikes, I might even do something with the paintwork. I also have some larger wheels around, in pieces of course, as that saves space.

Those larger axles are 14mm.

Those larger axles are 14mm.
Pretty Shure these came from a mongoose freestyle BMX bike. I have one with aluminum mag's (pictured below).and a kid that lives near here has one with 48 spokes wheels, but the rims and hubs a metallic orange to match the frame. I've seen 4 variations and 2 different names for this same basic bike.

When I find or get given things that are broken or modified I always feel free to use them in a new way. I would grind off the reflector tab stubs, and take them from there :)
That thought crossed my mind, but Aluma aluminum trailers manufacturing plant is in the town 8 miles south of me and more then a few of their welder's live in my town so I figured I'd ask their opinion. If they say it can't be done I'll grind them down right before I strip and repaint them.

Attachments

• IMG_20230717_221112438.jpg
    IMG_20230717_221112438.jpg
    714.2 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back