wheel question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do 26" 140 spoke wheels come in free hub? I think thats what I need, Im not to sure onthe lingo but I was told coaster is to stop when peddling backwards, I wanna be able to peddle backwards and nothing to happen ... but all I find is the 24" and 26" 140spoke wheels in coaster :( any help

im using lovelylowrider.com as a reference for my wheel question and based on what they have to offer, Im not sure of other sites so I stick to what I know haha.

yea those are all coaster except the smaller ones are free hub..but i want em in 26s which arent show in the free hub (free hub means you could peddle backwards and you wont brake yea)?

Are these the ones I want...found em in a different category, they have disc brakes which is pretty cool http://www.bicycledesigner.com/defaulth ... el%2520set

26" 140 freewheel hub link is wack isn't taking you where i want but yeah 26" free is no brakes 26" coaster is brakes funny isn't it

thank you :D but to learn some more lingo, free hub wheels are ones you could peddle backwards and not stop yea?

EDIT - am I blind or am I missing it =/ .. cant seem to see what your talking about, looking at the link seeing 26 coaster.

Pawel said:
but to learn some more lingo, free hub wheels are ones you could peddle backwards and not stop yea?

LOOK FOR A FREEWHEEL HUB and yes they let you pedal backwards, also google out "aztlan lowrider" for 140 spoke wheels.

Freehub is a fancy type of freewheel hub.

Pawel said:
honest opinion?..should I go with a 24" wheel or a 26" wheel? On a streched framed cruiser?
Depends on your taste.. 26's are cool.. 24's with 3inch tires are sweet. but the tire can rub the chain. tricky clearance issue. So to run 24's with regular width tires doesnt make since to me.. My 2 centz

yea i think it will give me more clearence on the crank too, bigger wheels that is but my current dilemma is im looking around lovelylowrider.com (i think im gonna order from them when im ready) but its all like rocket science to me, i have no idea what im looking at and when i look at the parts that are suppose to fit I start double guessing myself.

thanks for being reliable and answering all my questions guys.

Latest posts

Back