Whats your most ridden bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have about 6 bikes at this house alone that i rotate thru, and about 2 of them on semi monthly rotation with other bikes from my collection, but as for my most riden, i can narrow it down between the oldest kept bike in my collection and then one of the newest,
IMG_0723.jpg

my 62' schwinn american heavy duty cruiser, even though is like 47yrs old is still my go to bike, THE cruiser that started this whole thing for me. now that i've got the rear rim true at last, this bike is super quiet and as smooth as can be.

IMG_0770.jpg

although not a rat and only a few months old, my mother sent this to me for christmas and i couldnt stop riding it at first. with all the bad weather here the past week, i havent gotten a chance to ride it, mainly cuz i need a bike with real fenders, not these mini things. i may just order some fenders for it that will do the job. this is one of the only bikes that i don't really tinker with on a regular basis and my primary commuter bike for work, mainlt cuz its lightweight aluminum frame.

IMG_0772.jpg

las but not least, my 89 huffy good vibrations cruiser. in good weather, this is one of my most comfortable cruisers and was my most frequently riden bike last summer.

all in all, i rode all my bikes alot, but the schwinn and the next get the most use.

from the beginning of spring till the end of fall i put at least 24km daily......... not my fave bike but it gets me where i gotta go faster then my 20" ratter...

100_0697.jpg

100_0696.jpg

i think i am going to board track it though i think it will fit the look of the frame better...

Most of my riding time is on my BMX (when I'm not hurt):
IMG_1945.jpg

But this is my favorite to ride:
IMG_1900.jpg

24" 1951 schwinn spitfire. hits jumps, does wheelies, and gets ridden to work everyday. with the occasional "that bike is to small for you"
schwinn002.jpg

I like the idea of heavily ridden cruisers. I used to enjoy seeing the reaction of the spandex / titanium / carbon fiber crowd when I would pull up to a long-distance organized ride on my Dyno Roadster. :D

Here is my highest milage bike. It's a '98 Dyno Roadster that has a few thousand hard miles on it. I rode it in three consecutive MS 150 charity rides from Houston to Austin (an average of 185 miles each trip). It weighs in a 45 lbs with the necessary tools for the road. My wife, who is also my riding companion, stitched up the cool cordura bag with embroidered Dyno logo and flames. I kept the original single speed / coaster brake although it has had to be rebuilt once. I went through 4 seats before I welded up a heavy duty seat frame that would take the abuse. (Before you ask, I weigh in at 135 lbs). I ripped the cords out of 3 Dyno Super Sliks before changing to high pressure IRC gumwalls. I also moved the rear fender stays to holes that I drilled and tapped on the frame to make it easier to change the tire on the road.

75229577_0bd261cc5d_b.jpg

For the record, I averaged 15.0 MPH on the first MS 150, 14.8 MPH on the second, and after pulling a muscle in the first 50 miles, 14.6 MPH on the third. It has an overall gear ratio of 54 inches, so there was a bit of spinning involved. :wink:

I have pretty much retired that bike and do most of my riding on my homebuilt stretch, Salsa Verde. This is my first and only complete build so far, but it rides great and is a blast to cruise with the Shimano Nexus 7 speed hub. (oh the luxury...) Ignore the slack chain in the photo. I was chasing the elusive sunset photo op and pulled the rear wheel out of position.

5617447_8f217e235a_b.jpg

You can read more about the Salsa Verde build here: http://bikerodnkustom3.homestead.com/youens.html

Kudos to y'all who commute on your bikes! I wish I could do the same.

BTW, I realized that I never did a full introduction, so I may copy some of this post and drop it in the Intros thread.

John

My Xtracycle gets the most miles.
0213091221a.jpg

The Tornado w/ 2 speed kick back for cruisers. Now sporting some Quick Brick Whitewalls.
0424081709b.jpg

For total miles, this one (owned since 1971)

100_1459.jpg

for mostly cruising, this one

100_1447.jpg

followed by this one

100_0304.jpg

then this one

100_0279.jpg

and then this one...

100_1143.jpg

and for off roading, this one

2002Q6.sOutdoors.jpg

and I feel like never ever get to ride enough....ever.

this is my 71 raliegh that i ride the most. it's still going thru a few more changes

IMG_1067.jpg

Outlaw

This is mine. It looks like an off the shelf model, but I bought the frame new off of e-bay and built it the way I wanted:
Rockshox Metro 700c fork
Shimano Alivio 9sp crank 42-32-22 with chain guard
Deore derailleurs and V-brakes
LX Shifter/Brake lever
SRM PG950 11-34 cassette
Rocky Mountain Cyclery handbuilt wheels:
Front: Mavic CXP-22/Shimano Mc-12
Rear: RSW Easy-Speed II
Tranx-X suspension seatpost
Selle Italia Air seat
Panaracer 700cx37 CTX737 tires

I am going to be putting P50 fenders and a Topeak seatpost rack/basket on next.
IMG_0053-1.jpg

changed the handle bars on my bike and man riding to work the other day barreling down hill all i could think is i could hit a pebble and and do a super man threw the windshield of a car... it was exciting..... but i need to make a zeat post so i sit further back.....

before
100_0696.jpg

100_0697.jpg

after

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

The bikes are I ride the most are the aluminum honeycomb composite bikes that I built. and you have seen many times out here on RRB.
The Alumasled is my favorite to ride with the long wheel base and 24x3 rear tire, it rides sooo smoooth. And with the 2 speed kickback and the forward crank placement allows full extension of my legs when riding, it cruises great.
LMBBDandride068.jpg

But I often ride the Captian America/Razor Bike, for the shorter wheel base allows me to take the bike inside a few of the local pubs where I can keep a better eye on it while consuming an adult beverage.
DSC00093.jpg

Well those 2 bikes are the most ridden bikes of the past few years. But my RRBBO3 bike the Rust Rat has become a regular rider as well. But after seeing some of these skinny tire go fast bikes out here, Im going to build a skinny tire rat bike.

Latest posts

Back