Whats up with 24inch bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate finding awesome 24inch bikes and not buying them because i have no use for them and most others dont either. I came across a beautiful AMF Texas Rangerette yesterday and when i got there i found out it was a 24". The paint was perfect on the fenders. probably the only thing not close to mint was the seat. just bums me out.

When I was young , I got a 24'' sears , probably a spaceliner type bicycle. I was too young to ride a 26''. So my guess is that they were made for young kids. Its a shame sometimes , because they really aren't worth much.

100_3223.jpg

I don't ride 26" myself much. I always seem to ride smaller. I'm only 5'7" so I find the 26" uncomfortable. That's just me though.

BrunneCustoms said:
I don't ride 26" myself much. I always seem to ride smaller. I'm only 5'7" so I find the 26" uncomfortable. That's just me though.

I hear ya man, Im only 5'6 so 26" is a little too big for me. But I like to stick 26" wheels on 24" bikes.

Yea, I have kids that might someday fit a 24 so, I buy them when I can. I think 24 inch low riders are cool and bmx. Plus, my wife is 4'8" so any 26er ladies bike I buy, she can barely ride. She would absolutely love it if I put a motor on her 24 Galaxy Flyer. :lol:

I'm only 5'3", and 26 is big on me, but it's also hard to find a 24 inch straight bar of a cool, unique 24 inch bike. I got a 24 inch Kulani off of Walmarts interweb to use for parts but have built it back up because it fits me better.

Funny everything I see is either 20 & lower or 26, I don't know if my Murray is a 24 or 26 but if it is a 24 then it rode just fine, 5'9 if I take the word of the person that measured me at the DMV.

Latest posts

Back