WHAT'S THIS FRAME ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deorman said:
I'm not sure who manufactured those reproductions, but I noticed before that it looked like they mixed attributes (dropouts, chainstays) of Columbia with a similar bike from another manufacturer (maybe Snyder, or Murray)

I think the repro were made by Aerofast according to their website
http://www.aerofast.com/aerofast/history.html
In 1990 we were approached by Western Auto to become the successor to the Columbia Bicycle Company as the manufacturer of the Western Flyer "Circa 1950's" line of bicycles. The newest Western Flyer was inspired by Mr. Steven's original design, a version of which we market today as the "new" Aero-Fast, sporting new colors and (nearly a half a century later) a logo designed by Mr. Stevens himself.
2500_lg.jpg

I would say Columbia due to the wishbone seat stays,the rear dropouts are identical to Columbia,the only thing that is different is the kickstand plate on the bottom of the frame.But looks just like my old Columbia.

i have a 83' columbia clipper myself and i really like these old columbias. your lucky to have one with a tanks and looks like a great project bike. as for the ser#, even though mine is much newer than yours, has the same sort of sequence, just alot shorter.

Hi roadmaster
that is a nice frame is verry clean and also the tank, look's like a verry nice project frame but the construction is verry diffrent the thickness on the metal is not the same as original not only that the top post that is not a single tube is a two pice and dont line up with the down tube is verry noticible besides there alot of original frames out there that could be found and put togheter, i like to mix and match parts but i like to have original frames my choice,but for now i think that i have found the perfect frame to finish my bilt a
jc higgins it's not a bad looking frame i like it i don't see to many around it should look good all done up with mix match part's .
mike :wink:

Back