Whats in your pocket?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Graylock said:
Who's got their old Boy Scout Knife from the 60's? Those sharpened up real good. Graylock

I have mine and and still use it occasionally!! it has about 10 degrees of blade wobble tho.. :lol:

I wish I still had my "shop shank" that I made in auto tech out of a sharpened and filed leaf spring and 3 hours on the bench grinder. Even built a knuckle guard into the handle. Yeah I went to school before 9/11..... :mrgreen:

i carry my rajah 2 and my spyderco persistence and tenacious but i picked up the 4" cold steel voyager clip point and i am trying the one out....

Picture146.jpg

Picture151.jpg

and on my belt i have my schrade multi tool

i carry round this really old carving knife i got from an old guys garage sale. big ole guy with a white beard and a bunch of dirty old tools. found it in the box and hes like, you can have that. :lol: its pretty sweet and pretty sharp. ill get a pic of it

i have about a dozen auto knives but because you can't carry them they are a little over rated. most new folder you can get have assisted open witch in most places are legal and oober fast and now they have knives with the pocket wave feature there is no need to worry about carrying the awesome collectible auto knives that are not legal everywhere.. i play with my auto knives at home all the time

here are a couple of mine ...

Picture162.jpg

Picture163.jpg

Yeah here in Indiana butterfly knives, switchblades, stilettos, brass knuckles, and lots more are illegal. But Ak's are legal and my 12 gauge, 3 inch magnum, double barrel pistol is perfectly legal :mrgreen: ......go figure :roll:

considering that i'm a part time knife maker, some might think its a sad state of affairs that all i carry is this 1950's cutco challange knife (conn.)
wlbsc9.jpg

that being said, i sharpen/blue this rusty knife once a year (birchwood casey cold blue)
it's unbelieveable how long this very thin, double hollow ground knife holds a razor sharp edge ( sharpened to 11* similar to a razorblade) even when cutting cardboard and paper.
i've gone through a lot of knives, and i'm yet to find its equal.
have no fear kiddies, i do have a pesonal knife in the works (it's been a long time in the making)
my fav. part of this soon to be butterfly (which is also totally illegal here in canada)
it's completely done by hand (i mean i haven't touched this with a single powertool. )
its 440 stainless/ats34 dama (stainless damacus). its been cryogenically quenched. ie heated in a vacume then flooded with liquid nitrogen.
only a handfull of places in the world have the equipment to do this, and it is cutting edge tech.
should make for one wicked sharp blade.

Gotta few. Some are customs, handmade.
002.jpg

This one my brother in law fixed for me. the tip of the blade was broke, about a half inch was missing and the handle was busted.
003.jpg

This is a skinner custom by my brother in law. Blade is from an old saw blade.
004.jpg

Another custom fillet my brother in law did.
006.jpg

005.jpg

Wayne Goddard Spyderco
008.jpg

Zippo
009.jpg

Gotta Case Sodbuster and a Hen & Rooster 3 blade stock somewhere lol. Didn`t know they were lost until this thread lol.

i've carried mostly this spyderco in my jeans pocket for the last dozen or so years. i occaisionally buy others that are 'cooler' but i find the spyderco opening to be far and away the most natural for me, plus the color is pretty inconspicuous.

DSC04467.jpg

DSC04462.jpg

this little flat gerber is in my shop apron pocket for when i forget the other....

DSC04470.jpg

DSC04471.jpg

nothing impressive for 'show and tell'- just a couple practical little tools that really are carried in my pockets..... :wink:

Back