Whats in your pocket?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I loaned my pocket knife to someone today and they laughed at it because 1/3 of the blade has been sharpened off.. :roll:

SO! time for a new knife.. What's in your pocket!?!? I always try to buy the latest and greatest, This is what I'm carrying now... Gerber EVO jr.

EVO-JR-FINE-EDGE-1.jpg

I like Camillus Knives with the speed ast.
This link is my daily it has the AUS-8 stainless blade: http://www.amazon.com/Camillus-19045-Se ... B001K2DRI4

This is an older knife, I've had mine for a few years know. When it came out it retailed at $75. So at today asking it's a great deal. AUS-8 is a great blade steel.

This is another version of the same knife, I carry this one when I dress up a bit. It's the CUDA Dominator has an S30V stainless steel blade with ROBO assist, and anodized titanium handle.
This is just an outstanding hi-tech blade steel. It's very thin profile. I can wear it inside my belt with just the clip between my belt & pants ALMOST undetectible. I got both from a vender on e-bay.

cu2447-1.jpg

Both of the steels hold a very sharp edge.

I've got a hole in my pocket :shock: ...........from carrying to much stuff from work. I always carry a blade and feel naked without one. I would be without my wallet with my drivers stuff in it and feel nothing but reach for my gone knife and I would be freaking out all day. I have had all sorts of knives from Buck to a Swiss Army and even a Leather Man. Now I keep an assortment, mostly thin body ones that won't tear a hole in my pocket.

Schrade has a thin one with a black plastic handle that comes with a stone for $10 at ACE when it's on sale. I Lost my last one but it will turn up sometime but I have a new one in the package ready. The dull and over sharpened one of these is in my boat stuff and I use and I use that to open Quahog's (koh- hawg's) and oysters.

In my pocket right now is my alltime favorite cheap but handy Barlow pocket knife with the two blades. You can peel an apple one minute and dig a splinter out of your hand the next. I have several that I found at the dump and other free places.

Knives.jpg

The one on the bottom is for weddings and funerals while the scrimshaw and pink granite is for show but the Barlow is my favorite. All razor.
Not impressive I know but if you want to be impressed then it would be my fillet knife thats on my dash board of my truck like everyone else here on Cape Cod.
I once went to a Northeastern graduation at the Boston Garden (whatever they call it now) and I was screened at the gate because of one speaker, (Albrite?) but a secret service agent wanted to take it from me. He questioned my wife and she smartley said in a Cape Cod accent, " He's a country bumpkin, they all carry them". Got to keep it if I didnt show it :D

Graylock

:shock: OOOoooo im digin the tanto on that one, does it have the fast tab on the back of the blade?

Grayloack: I used to be an "Old Timer" guy till I got a paraframe as a gift and now I but the highest tech one I can afford :p

Just a simple little Case Sodbuster. It does what I need, every once in a while I get the urge for something locking but I'm usually doing something I need a bigger knife for when that thought occurs :mrgreen:

-wipBwQEC0hwxspsbwARWCJMQWmYAB7gdhv69b9PNW-zPzdEhtakkgO26UOklESr9MbgbwYXECT0rTODAMm31QjLAmRD1vkgjFMmQgp2hyf5atzAh4Td4QTL9_bveaMuRue4gG-KF5XmeEjcKuFSqQ

FE203...that tanto is sweet!! :shock: does it have the qiuck tab on the back? (EDIT: opps never mind.... :roll: )

Graylok: I used to be the "Old Timer" guy.. but I was gifted a Paraframe and was amazed!! now I always buy the latest style..

My dad and his hunting pals all carry Crain's... I can't really afford a $3000 pocket knife tho.. :p

Just a Camillus Army Pocket Knife. It does what I need. It's like an old friend that never lets me down. :D
camillus.jpg

I don't carry a knife often but usually it is one of these.

The top knife is a [img=http://www.mooremaker.com/]Moore Maker[/img]

The middle knife is a Fruit/Veg knife made by Schrade. J.C. Watson Co. is run by my Uncle and my great grandfather started it. I use this when I go inspect onions for work.

The bottom knife is an older J.C. Watson knife from when my father worked for my grandfather.

IMAG0065.jpg

These are the ones I've actually carried through the years. My collection is a little bigger. The top one is the first I carried for many years when I was younger. The second is a throwing knife made by Oscar and I had strapped to my leg inside my boot for a long time. The third I had in my belt while I worked on a farm four years ago. The bottom is a Ruko that I have on my belt nowadays. I at one point always carried two on me but now I only have the one.
165693_10150129240110396_509120395_7978496_1374482_n.jpg

These are really, really useful. I have one in blue too but it's downstairs in my toolbox. I actually carried one for awhile too. I forgot about it until now. I love the fact that you always have a sharp edge when you need one.
TheFlyingDingo said:
Husky_Blue_Combo.jpg=800

Ive got a few colors of this...whichever one i find first, i carry...

Yeah...Its a box cutter.

I got one of those folding box knives.. same one actually, its frikkin huge!! I could always throw it at someone and knock em out if i couldn't catch em i guess... :lol:

Yeah the box knives are pretty big but the craftsmen ones I have are about twice as thick, they hold 10 blades in the handle. It's like a small brick..... loaded with razor sharp blades :mrgreen:

Back