What are two things you never have enough of when doing builds?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diggin through my parts buildings tonight itchin to build something and started thinking about it, seems like every time I get to building I never have enough pedals or hand grips, always robbing a set off another bike that's not getting any attention, how bout you guys?

I never have enough tires.I should say good tires,I have plenty of tires that hold a tube but I would not trust going down the road. I have at 10 bare wheels hanging on the wall right now.

I never have enough TIME and SHOP SPACE.

Interesting points, pretty sure I can add all those to the list. :bigboss:

I'm just getting started in the hobby so just about everything. I finally managed to get one bike rolling with just tires, tubes, seat and a bottom bracket kit which isn't bad for a 70 year old bike. Bottom line is I have to agree with Carl, cash and just about everything it can buy.

Yeah, like others have said, "time" and "money" are the things i need the most and have the least of, but in terms of more tangible components, I gotta say it's probably chains and spokes in the proper length.

To keep myself well-stocked in chains, I bought a huge run of 410-sized (1/2"x1/8") industrial chain, and it works/fits singlespeed bikes fine, but it's not as laterally stiff as the real-deal bike stuff. Despite normal chainline, I'm finding that the chain swings out and hits the tires whenever i go over substantial bumps. This is with adequate tension, a 1 piece crank, and a SS coaster hub.... yeah, the tire is a fairly fat 2.4" with aggressive knobs, but still.... I'll probably use the chain on bikes with skinnier rubber and/or bikes that spend most of their time on pavement, b/c the industrial chain ain't cuttin' it for klunk-duty....

Back