Went looking for My childhood Huffy Bandit today...no luck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to my dad's today and prowled thru the woods which is the last place I saw the Huffy Bandit I got for Christmas in 1978 but had no luck finding the bike. I rolled it out in the woods after a bike crash in June 1984 which gave me three days in the hospital and a fractured skull.
I prowled thru the weeds and briar and came up empty handed with no IDEA where the bike could have gone or who could have removed it.

One bright note I found the frame of my FIRST bike which was a small child sized Western Flyer my grandpa bought me at Western Auto in 1974 or 1975. This was the bike I learned to ride on and I plainly remember removing the training wheels :)
The frame is all that's left and it is quite rusty but I will put it in my garage as a keepsake. Wish I had found the Huffy also.

good luck on finding it. I knew where my childhood huffy was until about 2 years ago when my aunts family cleaned out her pole barn which I didnt know until I went looking for it this last summer.

Latest posts

Back