\~/ WAR RAT \~/ - Prop Job ~Pic Update 5/6

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dang it joe! you make me not even wanna enter my mililtary build! nah, im still in. looks good man!!! the fender idea is sick!!

Easy E

You may have fooled everybody else..........You ain't sucking me in on this fender thing! :lol:

I say you don't cut a hole and you grease up the tire and use it as and exercise bike. balancing my be an issue. :wink:

I have faith in you yeshoney! And even if it was a joke, you have no choice... You have to build it now! I can't wait to see the sparks fly

just cut a hole in the bottom just big enough for the part that hits the ground and your fine. just watch for bumps :shock:

yeshoney said:
RearFenderProp.jpg

Holy sh.......! I can't take my eyes of this pic. This looks awesome! Beautiful posistioned fenderstruts btw... I hope you can pull it off. Want to see this bike on the road.
Good luck.

Well, after much finagling, rearranging, scratched chrome, stretching, bending and well you get the idea the fully enclosed fender, while feasible, just won't work with this frame/fender combination. :( I have deduced that the frame is probably a middleweight frame given how narrow the tubes are near the BB. The tire almost rubs when centered and pushed as far back into the dropouts as possible. I know this now because i mounted the tires on the wheels and checked to see if the radius of the fender fit the profile of the tire. It was way off the top was way to close and the bottom fender, no matter how I tried to adjust it wouldn't sit up against the tire. If it did I could have back it off evenly and then cut out a patch. Both the fenders i was using were AMF Roadmaster ones. I had two more from different years, but they ended up being no different. So while this set of fenders won't work, I am not giving up on the idea. Just have to look for some different fenders. This much I can tell, THe peaked fenders will require a bigger cut out, so I will be searching out a rounded set and maybe even a set of MW fenders. Still a lot of time to go searching.

Joe

could you pull this off on a unicycle ??? just for giggles, i dont care when this fender idea gets done joe, i just want to see it work !!! :eek: :shock: :D :!:

How's it going on this Joe? School must be out by now. Get to work!! :lol:

Been staring at the fender set up for about 10 minutes. I have an idea. Leave the fenders mounted where you have them and use a 24" wheel/tire set up on the rear. Don't mount to the dropouts. Use a variation of outlaw's dropout adjustment (ladyrat), but instead of adjusting up, you adjust down. This brings the wheel to the ground through the fender cutout. The different diameters at different centers should make it work.

edit to add: might work with a 26" wheel tire combo too with the different "centers", now that I think of it.

If you have room width-wise, your top fender can be stretched to larger diameter, slightly narrower size, the bottom won't matter as much, because it won't be attached in the center. Obviously you still need customized braces. :|

OK, Last day of school today, so now I can BREEEEEEAAAAATH! Time to get on the build!

Joe 8)

Latest posts

Back