\~/ WAR RAT \~/ - Prop Job ~Pic Update 5/6

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Paint stripping has begun and parts mock up has started! War Time Blackout ND hub on Drop down Lobdell's powdercoated a fancy gloss Creme. Oooo La la! Roadmaster Flying Falcon rear fender fit to early 60's Hawthorne frame.

Mockup1.jpg

Mockup2.jpg

Mockup3.jpg

Mockup4.jpg

Mockup5.jpg

Re: \~/ WAR RAT \~/

Man, you never disappoint, Joe. That one's off to a great start already.

Hey if you have something that you need sandblasted for this build, bring it down to me Sunday. You are coming for the ride Sunday aren'tcha? :)

I love where this one's going already. Giving me ideas...

And other builders, if you are looking for a blackout hub like Joe's, I was just about to list 2 of them. Give me a shout if you're interested. Similar New Departure hubs in nice shape.

Best of luck, can't wait to see how this ride progresses!

--Rob

Man those blacked out ND hub is bada##!!Do you have the front blacked out also?Looks beautiful,like it came out of a new bike shop!

Hub looks "familiar"...........Go Get Em Joe!

Re: \~/ WAR RAT \~/ - Pic Update 5/2

A few, ahem, NOS accessories I have had stashed for a few years. The tail lights are EA and mount to the rear axle. THe dual Royce headlights will be used if they mount to the fork in a way that will not obstruct the rest of whats going on up front!

Light1.jpg

Light2.jpg

Light3.jpg

Re: \~/ WAR RAT \~/ - Pic Update 5/2

An NOS set of Miller dual light just sold via BIN on ebay from Bob Snyder aka SNYDEBIKE for $95. :shock:

Joe

thatismytruck said:

Here is my plan for the rear fender system. I had the idea to do this but had no idea how cool it would look once I got it together. OK, OK, OK I know what you are thinking, hows it gonna roll? Based on the size of the contact patch and a little wiggle room for tire squeeze from my fatt B U T T, the amount of fender that I need to remove from the bottom should be very small. Thin titanium strips will act as a buffer and create a few sparks should the forward edges touch down.

RearFenderProp.jpg

joe, you will be officially renamed "the mad scientist .... yeshoney" if you can pull this off !!! :shock: awesome idea and cant wait to see it roll !!!

Latest posts

Back