Wal-Mart $88 Stingray builds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread will track my progress on my $19 stingray build. I am thinking a name would be appropriate for this bike maybe Black Friday or Nineteen Bucks
Here it is in all its glory. So far I have
-Took off all the crappy stickers warning me not to smash my nuts on the top tube and not ride into a tornado.
-Took off the wheel reflectors and handlebar reflector
-Took off or didn't install the front fender.
I will have more soon. Here is my plan so far and please remember I got mad ADD and will probably change my mind 50,000 times a second.
-Some red tire crayon to make some nice redline tires.
-Paint detailing or throw away chain sprocket
-Paint wheel rims
-Some detailing on the chainguard like engine turnin or something
-A fake tank insert with something cool on it like flames or scallops
-Paint the springer black
-20" front wheel
-replace the springer with a regular Stingray fork
-black paint on stem
IM000942.jpg

since this pic, changed grips and pedals...

greenray02.JPG

yet to come: whitewalls

in the works: a blue one done Fenderless, and a black one done early BMX style

--rick

...chop it...do it!!! Put a HUGE fork on!!!!

Do It!!!..... Do It Now!!! haha :lol:

i've been tooling around with mine:

stingray3.jpg

Im using a trashed front rim from the dump untill I can find a better 20" rim. I swaped out that weird looking sprocket for a vintage, non-schwinn sprocket. Found a vintage goose-neck stem and speedo. I ordered some 20" whitewalls, and I did a cheap diy whitewall job on the 16" tire. I like how the 20" rides, but the 16" looks cool too.

stingray2.jpg

stingray1.jpg

I would like to get a cool chainguard and a better sissy bar, but I dont have the money.

raised by robots said:
i've been tooling around with mine:

Im using a trashed front rim from the dump untill I can find a better 20" rim. I swaped out that weird looking sprocket for a vintage, non-schwinn sprocket.
I would like to get a cool chainguard and a better sissy bar, but I dont have the money.

I thought about trying to die grind the triangle shapes out closer to the edges and scuff the daylights out of the finish, but it might just get chucked.

Local Walmart (one of 2.. havent checked the other) has these for 59 right now.. hopefully they desperate and wanna move 'em soon. My 300lb 6ft person will not comfortably ride this thing.. but if i can get it for $30 or less, we might have a deal.
-tj

RBR, i love that sprocket. i got 1. Looks amazing on it. I wanted1 for x-mas dad says, Come on be for real, you have enough bikes. I said ENOUGH!? :x Lol im gonna check all my walmarts.

Latest posts

Back