VINTAGE BICYCLE PHOTOS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ej599 said:
My Uncle Lance Link in his fancy ridin' duds.
monkey_on_bicycle_vintage_121675737.jpg
wait a second.....are you refering to lancelot link (cant remember what the show was called used to be on nickelodian in the mid/late 80's)from the evolution revolution?!?!?

[wait a second.....are you refering to lancelot link (cant remember what the show was called used to be on nickelodian in the mid/late 80's)from the evolution revolution?!?!?[/quote]

Very good! Your on to me. But 'Lance Link: Secret Chimp' originally aired in the early '70s. I watched it back then as a 6 year old. That and 'Tennessee Tuxedo', 'Underdog', 'Topcat', 'Bullwinkle', 'The Mighty Heroes' 'H.R. Puffenstuff' and others filled the airwaves on saturday morning. There was no cartoon channels, you had to wait for Saturday morning. You would then catch a buzz eating tons of sugar loaded cereal sit back and enjoy. Looking back, between muscle bikes, cool toys and good cartoons it was a great time to be a kid.

Lance Link was on "The Banana Splits Show", ya, "Lance Link the Secret Chimp" and Lancelot Link and the Evolution Revolution, Saturday mornings 1960's, dang, that was like a million years ago... chopper sting rays, made with cut-off hollow fork tubes, hammered on... about two, three, or four sets, alternating one pair up, one down like a roller coaster, Quisp and Quake cereal, Kelly's potato chips, Fizzies, candy cigarettes, wax candy lips, 16 oz. glass Pepsi bottles... don't get me started, I could go on ALL day!

Quanah said:
Lance Link was on "The Banana Splits Show", ya, "Lance Link the Secret Chimp" and Lancelot Link and the Evolution Revolution, Saturday mornings 1960's, dang, that was like a million years ago... chopper sting rays, made with cut-off hollow fork tubes, hammered on... about two, three, or four sets, alternating one pair up, one down like a roller coaster, Quisp and Quake cereal, Kelly's potato chips, Fizzies, candy cigarettes, wax candy lips, 16 oz. glass Pepsi bottles... don't get me started, I could go on ALL day!

We grew up together.

cashman said:
Any of you guys ever put bottle caps in your spokes?

no. what seemed like an entire deck of cards once. I could barely get the bike rolling. :roll:

I remember the playing cards held on by clothes pins against the frame!!! And remember If you did the balloon deal, if you got the water and the realitive humidity right, you could almost duplicate the sound of a Harley FL or EL coming down the road?

sensor that pic of the kid with the "i ran a red light" sign is now the desk top for the shop computer that is awsome

The guy in the skeleton suit was WAY ahead of his time! :lol:

I found these two guys at the local antique mall and adopted them as my long lost relatives... for .50 cents each! I think my first relative looks a bit British :lol:
old2.jpg

old1.jpg

Man, look at those crazy training wheels, by the way how "did" you get on that bike by yourself? its almost taller than you!

Back