Universal Riviera

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aloha from here in the UK..

Here's my latest bike. Unfortunately it's only 18 years old.. (Same as me 8) ) but I've still got over 15 more vintage rod brake bikes from the turn of the 20th century onwards :D

I bought this bike from the (top secret) place I've bought all of my old bikes. It cost £10 and looked like the image on the left. And then had about £20 spent on it to look like the right image.

I bought the tires for something like £6 each and in the shop they happened to have these cool looking handle bars in the "odd bits" bin going for £12, so I bought them too. The Paint used was from Poundland, so not much expense there, and the light and Brooks saddle were already laying around in my work shop.

tumblr_lvfaoywCmF1qdbe8s

So umm.. yeah.

Oh yeah, it's a 3 speed Sturmey Archer if anyone wants to know.

26" with quite a small frame, so not very easy to get up to speed, unless the seat's raised to a height that would make the bike look stupid..

I was thinking of levelling the seat, but for some reason I often find this more comfortable when riding..

Latest posts

Back