Ultimate Workstand, "Junior" Varsity, old MTB stuff

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ish

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have wanted an Ultimate Support Pro workstand for a while because it is super compact when folded, but didn't want to shell out $200 for what amounts to a fancy bike holder. One appeared on CL 2 days ago. 20 minutes later, it was mine. I was so excited to pick this up!

UltimateWorkstand.jpg

Next up, a bit of an oddball - a Schwinn "Junior" Varsity with 24" S-6 wheels. This had been sitting in someone's basement for many years and was super crusty. Turns out it was in great condition under all of that grime and rust. I am almost done overhauling it, just waiting on a tire I had to special order; the LBS only had 1. I was surprised they even had 1 tire that fit.

JuniorVarsity.jpg

1991 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp; one of my dream bikes back in high school. Gotta love depreciation. The bike is actually a really nice flat gray in person, the picture makes it look green. Tange Prestige frameset, Full Deore XT II group, RockShox Mag 21 fork. Previous owner put on a super generic seat, handlebars and stem. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, but I couldn't pass up a cheap Prestige frame in my size with a full XT II group hanging on it.

1991StumpJumperComp.jpg

Last one has crappy pics since I only have the seller's pics - I dismantled the bike for parts as soon as I got it and then sold off the frame. ~1988 Supergo Access Comp with Columbus SL (!) tubing. AMP F1 suspension fork, odd mix of higher end components from various years, the main drivetrain was 6-speed XT with thumbies.

bluebike1.jpg
bluebike2.jpg

I posted 24" S6 tires on here last week for $3.00 each, I have about 100 of them

Dude those amp forks are dope!!Do you still have them?here is a picture of one of the members bikes that he posted awhile ago.I've wanted this setup ever since I saw it!not the same exact fork as yours but the same kinda weird design.Love how it flows with the rame.

IMG_09941.jpg

Yeah, I still have them. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep them; they may go on one of my MTBs, or I might sell them to offset the cost of the parts bike. The steerer is decently long since the bike they were on was a larger frame size. They are rad looking on the right bike. :)

Latest posts

Back