Tunnel 5

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a set of trails locally referred to as "Tunnels", paths cut thru scrub oak by the illegals that used to live in there til they were booted several years ago. MTBs took over the area, now it's just buff singletrack thru low-overhanging branches, narrow Y branches, steep up and downs, a real workout as you have to duck as you're looking out for stuff to catch your pedals and body while negotiating the trail, you are surrounded to the point that it's like going thru a tree tunnel. This is the probably the longest of the 5 tunnels.

you sure your going fast enough? I'm not seeing a whole lotta "air time" there.. :roll:

JK that looks like a blast! we used to be able to single track around here, but now its reserved for the "less damaging " horses... what a joke... :lol:

First, that looks like a blast! I wish I could still ride terrain like that.
Back 'in the day' my MTB club shared a trail with an aquestrian group. Even numbered dates were for bikes, odd numbered dates for horses. In months with 31 days, nobody used the trail, everybody was supposed to 'pitch in' and fix the trail on those dates. You know small stuff like filling in hoof prints, shoveling dirt back on the trail in the bends, stuff like that. It worked well for about a year, until our four-legged trail riders stopped showing up to help on 'Trail Health Day'.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

scrumblero said:
you sure your going fast enough? I'm not seeing a whole lotta "air time" there.. :roll:

JK that looks like a blast! we used to be able to single track around here, but now its reserved for the "less damaging " horses... what a joke... :lol:

Dr. Tankenstein said:
First, that looks like a blast! I wish I could still ride terrain like that.
Back 'in the day' my MTB club shared a trail with an aquestrian group. Even numbered dates were for bikes, odd numbered dates for horses. In months with 31 days, nobody used the trail, everybody was supposed to 'pitch in' and fix the trail on those dates. You know small stuff like filling in hoof prints, shoveling dirt back on the trail in the bends, stuff like that. It worked well for about a year, until our four-legged trail riders stopped showing up to help on 'Trail Health Day'.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The horse folks in Del Mar are trying to take these over, but the animals won't fit so they attempted to cut some of the canopy down on one tunnel but got caught. Technically the trails are closed due to that incident but it's unenforced as the illegals or pot growers will move back in.

TheFlyingDingo said:
That looks like so much fun. I wish i had time to ride. :roll:

It's a full body workout also, your arms are tired at the end from leaning down so far

Latest posts

Back