the sad terrible time has come

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dude, you gotta do what you gotta do! I might do it differently, but i am no you. oh well.
this might just be what and where i can get some parts!?!?! so sorry to hear you going, but list those parts already!! i am chompin at the bit!!
Break My Windows (everyone knows that one)
Big Meaty Weiner (like the weiner mobile...of which is here in town tomorrow. note 2 self "gotta get a pic with me in it")

man
i really am taking a beating
this may be temperioary but i doubt it
i'll still be aroujnd
theres stillk a few bikes i wanna build
and as for pics and prts
be patrient guys
i am being so lazy and i've been pretty busy
but
the time will come

My two cents:

I was where you are at when I was 16. I had loved to ride my bikes around, and rode everywhere. But I got sucked into the idea that I needed a car (mostly to take girls on dates :wink: ). I stopped riding my bikes and for the next 6 years I sunk thousands of dollars into 6 different cars that all kept breaking down and dying, one right after the other. It got me through college, but barely, I still had to bum rides a lot of the time when my cars were broken down. Then, I gave up, and started riding my bike everywhere again (a little over a year ago), and I haven't looked back! I lost all the weight I had put on driving around (about 25 pounds!), and I generally feel better all the time. If you are concerned about distance, find a decent road bike. You'd probably be able to get your hands on a vintage roadie for pretty cheap, and those old lugged steel machines last forever if they got the right components. You won't regret that.

But it's your life, it's your money, they are your bikes. Take all this advice with a grain of salt and do what you think is best. Good luck.

If I had to do it again, I would have dropped the $300, I used to buy my first car, on a decent mountain bike back then. Cars have drained my bank account ever since. If you get a car, know that its only real purpose is to take you from point A to point B. The rest is bullcrap. But kid, it's your life and only you can take that decision. Oh and here's mine: Bus Metro(That's what we call the subway here) and Walk is what you'll be mostly doing buying that used german car, been there, done that, bought the t-shirt and changed a whole lot of wheel bearings, fuel lines, brake lines, fuel injectors and on and on and on. :mrgreen:

this is how i look at it
the car isn't to get you from point a to point b
the car is the point
haha
and i think the best point you can make is a bmw
i would ride my bike
but lets put it this way
i have lived here for 10 years
and i beleive i have seen under ten cops go past my hououse in that time
it owuld be impossible for me to ride a bike everywhere is what i'm tryin to say
but don't worry
i'm still addicted to bikes
but i need to prioirtize and right now the car is trumping the bikes
but who nose\
we'll see what happens

hmmm
bmw
the oppisite of cheap
haahahahah
i no what your sayin though
i've watched my sister and brother go through the car thing and my brother drives a bimmer

off the subject of bikes vs cars. my advice is get somethin practical to drive. i had a dodge ram 360ci when i was 16, loud pipes, ate tires, ate gas, looked slick, got me tickets.... yes it was fun, but it was costly, and it eventually got sold for a high mpg vehicle im to proud to name ( okay, okay it was a 89 FORD PROBE and i could drive for a month on 1 tank of gas :mrgreen: ) i missed the truck the whole time i wasnt behind the wheel of it, then i got married and got the truck i couldnt afford all over again, same year, same color, same drivetrain, same gasguzzler, 2 years later i sold it and often wonder why i didnt learn the first time.

But you dont learn unless you put yourself in a situation to learn, good luck to ya and hope it works out for ya.

P.S. i miss the Ford Probe too.

sensor said:
what ever happened to'mopar OR NO car'? :wink:
He's been corupted into thinking an 80's BMW is a good car! :p :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He'd be better off with an old aircooled VW. Gotta work on them alot but the parts are 1/4 the cost!I vote BAJA! :wink:
L8 EM

http://media.dtmpower.net/gallery/photos/69/Dscn3349.jpg/img]

that or
[img]http://www.musclecargarage.com/65-side1.jpg/img]
that

you be the judge

and i kept the m in my sogneture for a reason
still kinda torn between the two

moparmayhem93 said:
carp
pictures won't work but theres the links

You didnt do the tags right. Your missing the [ in front of the ending tags. Should be this with NO spaces: [ /img]

moparM.jpg

bmw-m-logo.jpg

Use these, just get rid of the space in the end tag of each:

http://marylandmopars.net/images/moparM.jpg[ /img]

[img]http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/bmw-m-logo.jpg[ /img]

lol hooch!
well for about 30 grand your bmw can look like that blue one(not putting it down just being realistic even if you just buy the parts and do all the work.....about 30 :shock: )

Back