The Lead Sled

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Just got this bike today. I cut the back fender & rotated it around. I have no idea as to what colors I'm going with yet.
P1230001.jpg

P1230002.jpg

Make sure you don't ride it through the cow pasture. You'll be scooping up something with that rear fender and it might not be all mud. Eye "Like" it.

how about no color at all? just clear coat for rust prevention. looks great the way it is

so go for it. if you don't like it afterwards, you already got it sanded and just need to primer and paint ;)
you can never go wrong with bare metal or the flatblackredrimswhitewall-combo

1759600.jpg

Did I mention how I hate to sand. The top coat was a really thick black paint & then under that was a light blue green color & it some areas it was tan. Still more sanding to do & I think I'll ask my bother take the chain guard & forks to work & sand blast them.
P1250001.jpg

i would leave it bare metal! ive seen some really sick mercury lead sleds left in bare metal. they-re pretty cool. the onl color on the m is the interior(if there is any) and maybe the wheels. :mrgreen: just my $.02.

should cover the whole rear fender, so it looks like a lead sled...you know what I mean, so it looks like a old merc .. laid out with the whole wheel cover just a small bit.

bike looks good though so far.

ahhh..fender skirt, yea thats what I meant you would need to weld up 2 fenders and get some 24 gauge .. I think Ill do that to my 24" cruiser if I ever get around to building it, Im gonna have a extra pair of 24" 160 spokes with white walls..would look really bad ... I think :D

here is some inspiration

vw%202008%20fender%20skirts.jpg

rusty513 said:
Does that auto strip stuff smell bad.

dosent smell to bad..atleast I dont think so .. but you gotta wear gloves and what not to protect yourself because it will burn, says to wear a mask as well so you dont inhale the fumes .. I even think I seen someone at HomeDepo other day that said odorless

I cut the fender short a little after the tip & drilled a new hole & mounted it. I'm getting another rear fender from crassly & I'm going to cut it to fill in the extra space.

Back