THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN (ITS ALL DONE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 6/6 seat fabrication has begun

that crossed my mind maybe later if i have time i will see. as for comfort well it is metal so i dont think you would want to do a lot of miles on it. but i plan on having a snap in pad for rides then when it is at shows remove the pad for that raw look.

zoso said:
I wonder if a little hand trowel for fenders would be too much shovel for one bike.

Have you sat on the shovel to see if it's even remotely comfortable? Seems like it might actually be.

How 'bout a backhoe off the rear, then I could put you to work at my house :eek: :lol:

. . . then I could put you to work at my house :eek: :lol:

WORK???????????????????? :shock: :shock: :shock:
That is exactly what Karfer is trying to avoid!!!!!! There is no other reason to cut-up a perfectly good shovel! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The bike is looking great! I'm looking forward to riding . . . er, I mean, seeing it in person!

no backhoes on this one sorry. i thought that the shovel was fitting for a bike with the name galt in it. any of you who have passed through there know what i mean. and no i have enough work as is thank you. got my stem and grips finallized i will toss em on this week end but you guys and gals gotta wait till tues to see pics. hehe maybe if i can get enough time i will finish the second carb and show you guys what they are all about...... maybe :mrgreen:

if you cant get the wood out, just get a torch and burn it out. :)

ratina said:
is that seat pink and black? if so where did you get it?

I'm betting it's a red stripe with a cruddy picture. Firewalker has done some seat mods though with a new welt or whatever that line is technically called. Check out his thread in the classifieds area.

pics150.jpg

dual carb manifold being built
pics151.jpg

pics152.jpg

pics153.jpg

pics155.jpg

pics156.jpg

pics157.jpg

pics159.jpg

pics166.jpg

pics165.jpg

pics164.jpg

pics163.jpg

pics162.jpg

pics167.jpg

pics168.jpg

pics169.jpg

pics170.jpg

started in on the pinstriping. the color is maroon even though it looks red in the pics. thanks to all for the comments can't wait for the ride now.

Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 6/9 dual carb setup and pinstripes

looks good...the only thing im wondering about is why the stripes are on the inside of the tank half..........i guess ill see why when its done though :wink:

nope no overload springs in the ranchero infact it has 3 inch blocks in it hehe. actually the carbs are not that heavy the whole thing weighs 7 pounds. the red is metal specks red and i am already going to have to do more cutting on the manifold so i will be painting it again for a 3rd time :roll: . sensor you get a cookie for noting the stripes on the inside. i am not going to have the other side of the tank on for the ride so hawkeye dared me to stripe it. yes folks once it is all together it will not be seen again, thats what happens when you mix beer with some extra left over one shot paint :mrgreen:. and iduno about 1/2 tanked i guess for now but normally we are fully tanked 8)

woah thats awesome! i like the carbs! if you have a multi-speed hub, you should hook the cable up to pull on the carbs and open the throttles to make you go faster! :lol: 8)

Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 6/2 on her wheels and sumtin else :)

karfer67 said:
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9668
it was jon's idea of the chain brake arm i give the cudos to him. hope ya dont mind :D

Dont mind at all, looking at others idea's prompt different idea's from others. " that was stupidly profound" :lol:
anyway your idea looks great and its different!!! great looking bike so far!

thanks jon and yes sometimes the best ideas come from the fact that you dont have the right part so you mod another to make it work :lol: and stretch the carbs will serve another purpose they are not only for looks. time shall tell :mrgreen:

oh boy, flame throwers

Outlaw

Back