THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN (ITS ALL DONE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 6/3 she is a runner for da ride!

very,very sick! :mrgreen: awesome build as usual! love those flipped airflow bars. :D :D

that wheelset is killer! I'm a big fan of high flange hubs, and I've been wanting to build a wheelset with rust brown rims for some time. because it looks SO GOOD.

I assume you will be doing something wilder yet with the seat?

bikejunkie thanks for the comments and yea when i was cleaning the hub i hoped that i could easily get through to the copper but the chrome was cleaning up so well i left well enough alone. and yes there will be some more brass and copper stuff added later i am a sucker for that stuff.

herr_rudolf the wheels are one of my fav things about the bike when frank gave them to me i thought they would not clean up and almost ran them as they were with the rust. but something told me to try and clean them and i am glad i did they are a sweet burgundy color and you can still see the faint hint of the original white stripes around them. i thought about redoing the lines but A. i am not that good at it, and b. i kinda dig them like that anyways. the bars are different from what i normally run but i like them they were so different i had to use them. as for the handling it is surprisingly good i was really worried that it would handle like a lowrider with a bent springer but it is very neutral with just a slight bit of flop which is to be expected when you move the front wheel out like that.

onelesspedestrian glad u dig the wheels too it took forever to clean each of the spoke nipples down to the brass and i purposely left a bit of the original patina and did not polish them wanting a more raw look to them.but i am glad i spent some time polishing the front hub it really makes that part of the bike pop. and yea the seat is only a temp i have something much wilder in mind.

BANG..................That's the sound of a "nail" gun going off..............you got it!

looking good there, but I think a little under power, maybe these would help? :p :D
0604090721-00.jpg
0604090723-00.jpg
0604090724-00.jpg

thanks again for the comments and sensor i almost have the second carb cleaned up so i am going to try and start on the mounts tonight but there is a lot more to make that part all work, like the linkage hehe wait and see

do like it, I know you have more up your sleeve than just an arm :lol:

Why must ya always build great looking bikes? :lol:
it looks mean dude. Good job so far.

this bike is coming out really cool, i like the fork a lot.

but one thing is on my mind, what or where is GALT town? its been driving me nuts since you started this thread!

Galt, CA south of Sacramento by about 25 miles.

come on ricky u know how i roll i cant do anything simple. they always start out that way then somewhere in between it all goes wrong, or is that right?

lobsterboyx yea zoso is right galt is the town i live in. just south or elk grove, then just south of me is lodi. it is a quiet little town and i live on a couple acre ranch, believe it or not i can be anti social at times.

and frank you know i have a lot more up my sleeve for this build.

pics142.jpg

this believe it or not was one of the parts that got the ball rolling for this build. yes folks this is going to be my seat

pics143.jpg

i dont currently have access to a good cut off wheel setup so i have been drilling holes then comming back with the angle grinder to do the rest. and man getting the broken peice of wood handle out sucks

pics144.jpg

held up aganst the frame you can see where i am going with it. i think i will pie cut the handle and put some more bend in it so that the seat pan is not at such an angle.

pics145.jpg

from the back

pics146.jpg

i was bored :mrgreen:

Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 6/6 seat fabrication has begun

hey, that is really getting ratty there, and in a emergency, you can always shovel the ****, :lol: :lol: :lol: as we know there will be plenty of it, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 6/6 seat fabrication has begun

I wonder if a little hand trowel for fenders would be too much shovel for one bike.

Have you sat on the shovel to see if it's even remotely comfortable? Seems like it might actually be.

Back